Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poofster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
I have an ipod touch 2nd generation..jailbroken...and my kids have ipod touch 4th generations ..not jailbroken...my problem is that any of the games i download such as temple run (free) or jetpack joyride or draw something free..all download fine but crash as soon as i open them..It seems that any of the newer games aren't working for me. Is it cause i'm jailbroken or 2nd generation or just something wrong with my ipod? They work fine on my kids ipods....ANY HELP would be APPRECIATED

ninjaw95

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
I have an ipod touch 2nd generation..jailbroken...and my kids have ipod touch 4th generations ..not jailbroken...my problem is that any of the games i download such as temple run (free) or jetpack joyride or draw something free..all download fine but crash as soon as i open them..It seems that any of the newer games aren't working for me. Is it cause i'm jailbroken or 2nd generation or just something wrong with my ipod? They work fine on my kids ipods....ANY HELP would be APPRECIATED

when getting the app look at the compatibility usually above the pictures.

Poofster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks, i did that with temple run and meet the requirements...I'm ios 4.2.1 and for some reason i have to reboot to play most games now that i already have...or boot into safe mode to play them...in safe mode sometimes they still crash.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Some newer apps do have problems running on older devices. Even if it appears to meet the minimum requirements. Jailbreaking can also cause some apps to crash.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
sign in and out, and in again off the app store on the device with the apps crashing on launch, should cure the issue

Poofster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks, tried signing in and out and in again and Temple run still crashes.. even tried it in safe mode with the same results

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.