PDA

View Full Version : 'Clear' To Do App Launches on the App Store

MacRumors
Feb 14, 2012, 10:00 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/14/clear-to-do-app-launches-on-the-app-store/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/02/clear.jpg

Realmac Software (http://www.realmacsoftware.com/clear/) and Impending (http://impending.com/) have just released Clear (http://appshopper.com/productivity/clear) to the App Store. Clear is a simplified list making application that was announced (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/26/macworld-2012-clear-to-do-app-for-ios-wdc-mybook-thunderbolt-duo/) at Macworld. The App's claim to fame is the extremely minimal interface that uses natural touch gestures for all functions. Some of these include:

- Pull down on a list to add an item
- Swipe an item right to complete it
- Swipe an item or list left to delete it
- Pinch apart two items to insert a new one between them
- Pinch vertically together to close the current list and show all the lists

The app is meant to be quick to launch and use. Lists are color coded in priority from top to bottom.

Clear has launched for $0.99 [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clear/id493136154?ls=1&mt=8)] and should now be available worldwide.

Article Link: 'Clear' To Do App Launches on the App Store (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/14/clear-to-do-app-launches-on-the-app-store/)

arn
Feb 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
note: we'd originally reported it was freemium, but it looks like that has changed.

arn

Mitchelino
Feb 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
Been refreshing the app store for the past hour. Nice to see it finally reach the Canadian store! :)

I haven't been this excited over an app in years.

seamer
Feb 14, 2012, 10:22 PM
I couldn't see from the video; does this keep track of tasks you tag as "finished," or what you've deleted?

Schtumple
Feb 14, 2012, 10:22 PM
The idea around the simplicity is nice, but not so sure about the UI.

irDigital0l
Feb 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
Wasnt it free with iap?

And Im guessing theres gonna be an iPad version later.

Mitchelino
Feb 14, 2012, 10:32 PM
I couldn't see from the video; does this keep track of tasks you tag as "finished," or what you've deleted?

When you swipe right on a task to set it as complete, it moves it to the bottom and greys it out with a strikethrough. Stays there unless you swipe left to delete it.

Warbrain
Feb 14, 2012, 10:47 PM
There is such a thing as being too simplistic.

Blue Ivy
Feb 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
What a useless app! The UI is just awful. iOS 5's Reminders is a million times better! I'm going to contact the develop and demand my money back!

strausd
Feb 14, 2012, 10:52 PM
Too bad there is no notification option for an individual item :/ or that it doesn't sync to my iPad. For that, I will probably stick to the reminders app.

pmz
Feb 14, 2012, 11:02 PM
Nice headline.

I thought it was an app called Clear that was going to launch your apps onto the app store, whatever that would have meant.

jonnysods
Feb 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
I prefer the Reminder App, but it's buggy and needs some patches.

Don't think I'll get this.

seamer
Feb 14, 2012, 11:13 PM
When you swipe right on a task to set it as complete, it moves it to the bottom and greys it out with a strikethrough. Stays there unless you swipe left to delete it.

Gotcha; thanks.

haruhiko
Feb 14, 2012, 11:26 PM
What a useless app! The UI is just awful. iOS 5's Reminders is a million times better! I'm going to contact the develop and demand my money back!

iOS 5's "Reminders" is not that good. For a good UI, take a look at "2do" ;)

M-5
Feb 14, 2012, 11:39 PM
Disappointing to see that it isn't free as originally stated.

PlaceofDis
Feb 14, 2012, 11:55 PM
i'm glad to see that there are theme options at least as the standard colors are a bit much to handle - at least for me.

i'm sure as time goes on it will become a bit more fleshed out, but its a great start. i'll give it a go for some stuff but i'd guess that the bulk of my to-do stuff will be done with Things still.

coder12
Feb 15, 2012, 12:00 AM
Where is iCloud support? Where are all of the nice settings? Sure, this app gets the job done, but it certainly wasn't worth my $.99.

irDigital0l
Feb 15, 2012, 12:06 AM
just bought it.

honesty at its current state, $0.99 would be ok, higher it wouldn't be worth it

it unique, but needs more features

hope they update it and stuff

Kwill
Feb 15, 2012, 12:17 AM
Oooh. Another todo app. Let me put this one on my todo list.

chrisdazzo
Feb 15, 2012, 12:21 AM
A lot of you are so badly-off that you complain about a $.99 app, but you own an iDevice that runs iOS 5... Wait a second! :rolleyes:

Aginor
Feb 15, 2012, 01:32 AM
I've been waiting for this since they day it was announced and love the simplicity!

hollerz
Feb 15, 2012, 01:51 AM
I'd love something like this, but I'd miss my location based reminders too much :(

djgamble
Feb 15, 2012, 02:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wish all my basic little apps got front page mentions...

admanimal
Feb 15, 2012, 02:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wish all my basic little apps got front page mentions...

If your apps are so compelling, make/share a nice video showing their UI and people will pay attention.

macduke
Feb 15, 2012, 04:22 AM
Wish it could integrate with my to-do lists in Reminders. Nothing fancy. Just pull in each one as a list, and push it back out on app exit. Doesn't even need extra functionality like location based reminders. I can use Siri for that. Just as long as it doesn't remove that functionality from existing reminders. Play dumb about it—whatever. I'm using this for projects like website design where I have about 80 things to power through. Stuff that would take too long to enter into any other to-do app, but I still need to keep track of when running about the office and emailing clients.

bushido
Feb 15, 2012, 05:50 AM
looks neat im gonna check it out, its less than a cheeseburger after all ^^

btw do people really type like that? it would take me forever lol typing with 2 thumbs is a lot faster

musefreek
Feb 15, 2012, 06:30 AM
I bought it and am pleased to report that it's an awesome little app. For only 69p it's hardly going to break the bank...

I think the UI is realyl great and the touch motions come very natural. I can see myself using this. However, if the can somehow integrate a reminder function then it'll be so much better.

ipodlover77
Feb 15, 2012, 06:56 AM
I personally use "due." So far in my whole iphone history, thats the only app i dont regret spendning 5 dollars on.

was going to buy this app to try out but it doesnt even have a reminder feature

Keebler
Feb 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
Wish it could integrate with my to-do lists in Reminders. Nothing fancy. Just pull in each one as a list, and push it back out on app exit. Doesn't even need extra functionality like location based reminders. I can use Siri for that. Just as long as it doesn't remove that functionality from existing reminders. Play dumb about it—whatever. I'm using this for projects like website design where I have about 80 things to power through. Stuff that would take too long to enter into any other to-do app, but I still need to keep track of when running about the office and emailing clients.

hi macduke,

you should look at 2Do then as it might serve you better. I haven't bothered to check out the new feature, but it does sync with your calendar. Not sure about reminders. You can create different lists for different tasks (ie. different website clients etc...). I use the checkmark feature often for lists. Works well.

If you're really busy, also check out daylite (for your mac - they have an i-device app too). it's a customer relations management tool, but one of the more powerful features for business is being able to create project lists containing sub-items which can be the same across the board.

It's made a huge difference for me so I thought I would mention it. Definitely more money and more to set up at first, but once that part is done, 90% of the task organizing is good to go.

Sorry if that's a touch off topic, but I think it warrants a mention :)
(No, i don't work for them either).

Cheers,
Keebler

Trik
Feb 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
I really don't understand people that complain about an app when it costs less than a dollar. It is ridiculous. You seriously must be going bald if you track every single dollar you spend and rate it on a scale of to determine if it was truly worth the cost.

I mean, I guess if you're super frugal, maybe then I can understand why you complain about an app not being worth .99, but if you were that frugal, wouldn't you have figured out that your time is also worth more than the time it takes to post how something wasn't worth .99?

MonkeySee....
Feb 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
With all the fuss over this app i was expecting something ground breaking. Its a bit meh to be honest.

Back to reminders for me I think.

jbennardo
Feb 15, 2012, 08:30 AM

You should probably start an occupy app store movement.

IlliniDude
Feb 15, 2012, 09:08 AM
Which app do you guys reccomend for a shared todo list? My fiance and I have been trying to find one. We just want a simple list, something like this...

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Then check off each one and have it show as completed on the other person's app as well. Clear seems cool, but doesn't appear to have any sharing ability.

MonkeySee....
Feb 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
Which app do you guys reccomend for a shared todo list? My fiance and I have been trying to find one. We just want a simple list, something like this...

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Then check off each one and have it show as completed on the other person's app as well. Clear seems cool, but doesn't appear to have any sharing ability.

Do you share an iCloud account? there is a part on the stock Reminders app where you can save them to the cloud

IlliniDude
Feb 15, 2012, 09:16 AM
Do you share an iCloud account? there is a part on the stock Reminders app where you can save them to the cloud

Thanks. We don't currently, but we've talked about doing so. I'm not sure how to set that up exactly (different contact lists, etc.) so it would probably involve a trip to the Apple Store.

Keebler
Feb 15, 2012, 09:23 AM

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Apple's built in reminders app should do that if you use the same mobileme account to sync? I think it does anyways, I haven't tried it. Seems like it would be perfect.

MonkeySee....
Feb 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks. We don't currently, but we've talked about doing so. I'm not sure how to set that up exactly (different contact lists, etc.) so it would probably involve a trip to the Apple Store.

You can choose to sync what you would like to the cloud so if you want to keep contacts and mail for example seperate you can choose not to sync them.

Just sync Reminders and maybe notes and calenders :)

jbennardo
Feb 15, 2012, 09:29 AM

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

For .99 the wife and i use Zenbe lists. It's pretty easy to set up. One of you authors the list and invites the other to view it. Sync on start up and you can manually sync each time you complete a task. When they open it, everything is up to date. Nothing fancy, simple UI - just gets the job done. And, it's a universal app so you can use on iPad as well.

http://www.zenbe.com/lists

shartypants
Feb 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
Not sure why MacRumors decides to promote some apps and not others... Guess they have their own "staff picks".

jbennardo
Feb 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Not sure why MacRumors decides to promote some apps and not others... Guess they have their own "staff picks".

I was wondering the same thing - with the multitude of "to do" apps out there, why did this one get special billing? Just curious really.

BaldiMac
Feb 15, 2012, 10:06 AM

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Apple's built in reminders app should do that if you use the same mobileme account to sync? I think it does anyways, I haven't tried it. Seems like it would be perfect.

You can choose to sync what you would like to the cloud so if you want to keep contacts and mail for example seperate you can choose not to sync them.

Just sync Reminders and maybe notes and calenders :)

You can share reminder lists on iCloud the same way that you do calendars. There is no need to use the same iCloud account.

http://www.macworld.com/article/163482/2011/11/share_reminders_with_icloud_add_them_with_siri.html

saberahul
Feb 15, 2012, 10:14 AM

Good luck with that. Dev's don't have access to giving you a refund. If you want it, you must contact Apple and even then they wouldn't give you a refund for this reason. I have received a refund before, but that was because the iTunes on my computer had downloaded 2 different apps with a single click (some glitch).

dukecanes
Feb 15, 2012, 10:15 AM

I would absolutely use Orchestra (in your case and really anybody's since everyone has to work with other people at some point.)

It was the App of the Week a couple months ago and it's definitely one of my most used apps. Really nice UI and everything syncs automatically. No refresh buttons or pull to refresh or anything. Whenever I assign a task to a friend or to a list my roommates and I share it just shows up on everyone's phone and browser (they have a website also.) Really helped me be much more productive and a better communicator. It's free also, if that's any motivation to try it.

The website is http://orchestra.com I believe.

IlliniDude
Feb 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
You can share reminder lists on iCloud the same way that you do calendars. There is no need to use the same iCloud account.

http://www.macworld.com/article/163482/2011/11/share_reminders_with_icloud_add_them_with_siri.html

awesome, thanks!

admanimal
Feb 15, 2012, 10:26 AM

The buzz surrounding this app on Twitter has been relatively massive since the video came out a few weeks ago. Case in point: the app was in the top 25 overall within an hour of going on sale.

Ca$hflow
Feb 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
This app to me is nothing but flashy. If you want a real task manager I recommend OmniFocus. Way more intuitive from the GTD philosophy. I use OmniFocus as my main task/project manager and Zenbe list as a general list program used for things like a renovation material list, grocery list etc.

madmaxmedia
Feb 15, 2012, 11:01 AM
This app to me is nothing but flashy. If you want a real task manager I recommend OmniFocus. Way more intuitive from the GTD philosophy. I use OmniFocus as my main task/project manager and Zenbe list as a general list program used for things like a renovation material list, grocery list etc.

This app has a totally different purpose than something like OmniFocus.

I've tried or looked at a lot of different task/GTD apps on iOS and Mac. Some are very dense and powerful, some are simple and elegant, some are neither powerful or elegant. In any case, I often find myself still jotting a quick list on a Post-It Note of stuff for the day, or even using the Notes app, because I don't want to go through a manual entry process for each item, assign it a due date, priority, location, whatever. Just a simple short list to focus on for the day.

I think Clear can basically be that app. No interface to get in the way, in fact it's easier than writing up a regular text list, and it's easier to sort items, etc. Yes if I better 'managed' my to do app then I wouldn't run into this problem, but sometimes life doesn't coordinate with your carefully set up list of tasks and priorities.

For 99c such an app can be worth it, if that's what you're looking for. If it was $4.99 then it would obviously be a different story. But this app is not meant to compete with the full-featured apps out there.

----------

I was wondering the same thing - with the multitude of "to do" apps out there, why did this one get special billing? Just curious really.

Because from looking at the video, there's an absolute minimum of interface (for example number of taps to create or re-order items, etc.)

They might try to add some other stuff that people want (reminders), but then I think it would just become another to do app.

Fklane
Feb 15, 2012, 11:17 AM
Are you kidding???? Complaining about .99 Cents for an app that several videos have made their way online showing what the app is all about. If you saw the video and didn't like the UI, or lack of options then why did you buy it? Maybe you need this great app without the complexities to remind you to look at available info on apps that are in the app store before purchasing.

tfigs121
Feb 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
This app looks intriguing. I have 2 questions maybe someone can answer.

1.Does this app show a badge with how many to do's you have listed? That is one of the nice things I like about Due. The badge helps remind me that I have items listed.

2. Does it store what you type. For example, I use ShopShop as my shopping list app and it stores all my items in a database that I have listed. So if I wanted to add "milk" to my list, I type "mi" and then "milk" shows up as an option and I just click on it to add it to my list.

Thanks.

Still100
Feb 15, 2012, 12:31 PM
So this app doesn't even have a reminder function? Or recurrent?

And by the time it does it won't be simple anymore.

nutmac
Feb 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
iOS 5's "Reminders" is not that good. For a good UI, take a look at "2do" ;)

I use 2Do and it is probably the polar opposite of what Clear is set out to do. IMO, 2Do is hybrid GTD/todo app, with complex UI that requires a lot of customization and learning to get the most out of it (the default settings are quite poor).

That said, Clear seems too simple for my needs. At the very minimum, I need iCloud Reminders integration (which 2Do does) with notification.

atari1356
Feb 15, 2012, 01:44 PM

dry cleaning
buy detergent
pay credit card
call caterer
etc.

Paperless (http://crushapps.com/) can do that for you... by connecting both copies of the app to the same Dropbox account. (Disclaimer: I'm the developer of Paperless)

johnvr
Feb 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
I tried Clear this morning. Think it looks cool, but falls short otherwise. Rated it two stars, then deleted it from my phone.

I stick with Due and Omnifocus (and sometimes Reminders).

I used to have Zenbe lists for long lists without due dates, but after finding out that Facebook bought Zenbe, I ported everything over to Listary and emptied Zenbe. (I don't trust Facebook with data).

jbennardo
Feb 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
I used to have Zenbe lists for long lists without due dates, but after finding out that Facebook bought Zenbe, I ported everything over to Listary and emptied Zenbe. (I don't trust Facebook with data).

Ugh thanks for the tip - I'm getting rid of Zenbe then. The suggestion earlier in this thread about sharing via iCloud should work fine for me. ;)

johnvr
Feb 15, 2012, 03:17 PM
Ugh thanks for the tip - I'm getting rid of Zenbe then. The suggestion earlier in this thread about sharing via iCloud should work fine for me. ;)

Listary syncs via Simplenote and Notational Velocity and apparently allows sharing. I haven't tried the latter yet.

Matthew Yohe
Feb 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
Trello.

Seriously. Try Trello (https://trello.com/).

They have an App (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=trello%20app&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fitunes.apple.com%2Fus%2Fapp%2Ftrello%2Fid461504587%3Fmt%3D8&ei=JDc8T5mqGMSA2AXelMXzBg&usg=AFQjCNGk70jDwlEg6Pu_gViCLrjl8cPFTg&sig2=ZehBRtMtCNh125_x_zhLUA).

This will remain free forever, and remain adless.

HarryPot
Feb 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
I'm waiting (maybe stupidly) for Things to release cloud support.

I haven't seen another app who offers simple and elegant solutions to To-Do apps as they do, but the amount of time they are taking to real ease some kind of cloud support is ridiculous.

As for Clear, I agree, it is nice, but there must be a limit to simplicity, and this guys crossed that limit.

dudleys100
Feb 15, 2012, 08:02 PM
I have tried a lot of to do apps and for me this one takes the cake. I love the simple quick movement with gestures. This one just fits for me.

InfoTime
Feb 16, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'm waiting (maybe stupidly) for Things to release cloud support.

I haven't seen another app who offers simple and elegant solutions to To-Do apps as they do, but the amount of time they are taking to real ease some kind of cloud support is ridiculous.What a joke! I gave up on Things coming out with cloud support about a year ago. I had spent a few hours reading a blog post by some big-wig in the company about how they're designing the perfect cloud-sync system, taking their time to get it right, blah blah blah. It's sad to hear almost a year later that there's still no cloud integration for Things.

nickpro
Feb 16, 2012, 01:53 AM
I'm a Things die-hard and have pretty much no real use for Clear, but after reading all the positive reviews decided to DL it for the hell of it. Very nice UI like everyone has said - and I think I may be able to utilize it for quick and dirty lists like groceries and shopping lists. Of course I can use Things for that but I tend to use it mostly for work related tasks. Clear just might be worth it for its simplicity with simple lists. So far so good.

P.S. I too find the delay on cloud syncing ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Things the only major task manager on multiple devices without cloud syncing at this point?

Dimwhit
Feb 16, 2012, 07:22 AM
I like this app. It's exactly what I need from a To Do app. Don't need syncing, don't need complication. This perfectly suits my needs.

flyperson
Feb 16, 2012, 09:03 AM
Was excited enough to buy this, only to discover that it's all style over substance. The worst of all worlds in that it represents an app that offers few features which is very hard to use. A travesty I'm afraid and I want my 69 pence back :mad:

applephysci
Feb 16, 2012, 09:15 AM
Waste of my 15 minutes and my $0.99.
No biggie though, but count me in to be more judgmental in future of the hype behind a strategically marketed app of which I now realize macrumors also played a role. Though I would like to think that there was more a relationship-based influential motivation than a financial one for macrumors.

InfoTime
Feb 16, 2012, 10:00 AM
P.S. I too find the delay on cloud syncing ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Things the only major task manager on multiple devices without cloud syncing at this point?I went looking after I posted. On their blog there was hope, two beta announcements, they have a sync system up and running. However, the last post about the beta program was in August.

I'm thinking about giving OmniFocus another try.

HarryPot
Feb 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
I went looking after I posted. On their blog there was hope, two beta announcements, they have a sync system up and running. However, the last post about the beta program was in August.

I'm thinking about giving OmniFocus another try.

I installed the Beta with cloud sync support today. It actually works quite well. I really don't see why they can't real ease it already.

I couldn't be that difficult, right?

As for OmniFocus, their app seems way to complicated for my needs. Truth be told, once Mountain Lion comes, and with their integration of Reminders and Notes as stand-alone apps in OS X, I think I'll ditch any other app and stick with the ones Apple gives.

macduke
Feb 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
hi macduke,

you should look at 2Do then as it might serve you better. I haven't bothered to check out the new feature, but it does sync with your calendar. Not sure about reminders. You can create different lists for different tasks (ie. different website clients etc...). I use the checkmark feature often for lists. Works well.

If you're really busy, also check out daylite (for your mac - they have an i-device app too). it's a customer relations management tool, but one of the more powerful features for business is being able to create project lists containing sub-items which can be the same across the board.

It's made a huge difference for me so I thought I would mention it. Definitely more money and more to set up at first, but once that part is done, 90% of the task organizing is good to go.

Sorry if that's a touch off topic, but I think it warrants a mention :)
(No, i don't work for them either).

Cheers,
Keebler

I've been using 2Do since about a month or two of it's release. I find myself using it less every day. Siri makes it easy to add stuff to my reminders, and iOS notifications do a decent job of keeping me on track. This would be for quickly checking off all the small tasks I have to do throughout the day. So far it's working great. Clear really expedites the process of entering the to-do. Great for quickly adding "fix 1px nav issue" or "tweak sidebar cta shadow" so I can come back to them later when I'm working on a more complex issue like reworking the PHP for a customized wp plugin. It's so easy to drag and prioritize my issues—which is imperative when delivering a beta version of a site to a client. Tweaking pixels isn't as important as fleshing out the main parts of the site. The polishing comes near the end, but I'll occasionally fix issues when I'm digging through a file doing something more complex. Then I can just swipe it off my list.

This is something that 2Do wasn't great at. But I did love 2Do for a long time. The sync is great. I still use it from time to time. It is the most full-featured app of it's kind. But with that added complexity there is a tradeoff. Though it does handle it better than most other apps I've tried—which is a lot! I would use Clear for powering through work and school tasks—such as projects with many components. I use 2Do for setting up recurring tasks, such as paying my bills. I use Reminders for location-based reminders, for events or meetings I need to attend, and to quickly add something to the shopping list that I share with my wife over iCloud. That's pretty much my workflow right now, and it works well for me.

But bottom line I'm loving Clear so far. Just some basic syncing would be nice. I'll look into that Daylite app.

tfigs121
Feb 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
Gave into the hype and downloaded it this morning. Must admit it does have a very cool interface. You can add as many items to a list as you want (I think I saw somewhere someone saying you are limited to 10 - not true). There is a badge icon that you can turn on or off. I like the badge so I am aware of how many items on my list. Looks good for quick lists of things to do. However, no alarm or ability to set time or date. Not sure how much use I will get out of it but certainly worth trying.

UPDATE: I have been using this for several days and I am really enjoying it. It is actually FUN to use. For now it has replaced ShopShop as my shopping list app and I am using it as my daily to-do app. Definitely worth the 99 cents.

saberahul
Feb 16, 2012, 01:04 PM
I'm a Things die-hard and have pretty much no real use for Clear, but after reading all the positive reviews decided to DL it for the hell of it. Very nice UI like everyone has said - and I think I may be able to utilize it for quick and dirty lists like groceries and shopping lists. Of course I can use Things for that but I tend to use it mostly for work related tasks. Clear just might be worth it for its simplicity with simple lists. So far so good.

P.S. I too find the delay on cloud syncing ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Things the only major task manager on multiple devices without cloud syncing at this point?

I agree. With me its the same. I am a hardcore user of 2Do: Tasks Done in Style where all my major GTD is done. I downloaded Clear for the heck of it and find it very useful for quick timeless tasks.

Jedii
Feb 17, 2012, 05:24 AM
I need a to do list, to remind me to download this to-do app.

Keebler
Feb 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
I've been using 2Do since about a month or two of it's release. I find myself using it less every day. Siri makes it easy to add stuff to my reminders, and iOS notifications do a decent job of keeping me on track. This would be for quickly checking off all the small tasks I have to do throughout the day. So far it's working great. Clear really expedites the process of entering the to-do. Great for quickly adding "fix 1px nav issue" or "tweak sidebar cta shadow" so I can come back to them later when I'm working on a more complex issue like reworking the PHP for a customized wp plugin. It's so easy to drag and prioritize my issues—which is imperative when delivering a beta version of a site to a client. Tweaking pixels isn't as important as fleshing out the main parts of the site. The polishing comes near the end, but I'll occasionally fix issues when I'm digging through a file doing something more complex. Then I can just swipe it off my list.

This is something that 2Do wasn't great at. But I did love 2Do for a long time. The sync is great. I still use it from time to time. It is the most full-featured app of it's kind. But with that added complexity there is a tradeoff. Though it does handle it better than most other apps I've tried—which is a lot! I would use Clear for powering through work and school tasks—such as projects with many components. I use 2Do for setting up recurring tasks, such as paying my bills. I use Reminders for location-based reminders, for events or meetings I need to attend, and to quickly add something to the shopping list that I share with my wife over iCloud. That's pretty much my workflow right now, and it works well for me.

But bottom line I'm loving Clear so far. Just some basic syncing would be nice. I'll look into that Daylite app.

I'm in the same boat - as much as I love 2Do, i'm using it more for lists like packing or shopping lists (not groceries...diff app for that task :) I do like ical syncing using the cloud. For work, I use Daylite's task manager and sync it to the Daylite touch app (which isn't cheap, but having my client database in my hand when i'm out is worth it).

I was intrigued to hear of 2Do being worked on for the Mac. Might come in handy if they sync it right.

jbennardo
Feb 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
We've been using the iCloud method for a almost a week now and it works great. Things update/disappear almost instantly on our shopping list. I can't believe I overlooked this method for so long. :apple:

SBlue1
Feb 21, 2012, 11:44 AM
looks nice

polak9pete
Feb 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
do people really make that many lists and things that you need a non-free app to keep track of them? some people here have been saying they use 2-3 apps for lists like really? is that really necessary? whats wrong with the reminders or notes apps that are free and already on ur iphone

fsck-y dingo
Feb 24, 2012, 08:54 PM
Paperless (http://crushapps.com/) can do that for you... by connecting both copies of the app to the same Dropbox account. (Disclaimer: I'm the developer of Paperless)

Getting off topic for a moment...

I just wanted to say I use Paperless Lite all the time. It's very easy to manage items in lists and organzine tasks. Thanks! :)

Djs621
Feb 26, 2012, 10:03 AM

It's definitely cooler looking than reminders but you can't honestly say its easier to use.