PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare Revamp?

Daveway
Jun 14, 2005, 08:29 PM
Gary at ifoAppleStore is reporting that Apple is preparing to update its AppleCare/ProCare services soon.

Clink (www.ifoapplestore.com)

6-12-2005
The project has been in the works for months under a code name, and now an announcement is apparently near: a revamp of the AppleCare Protection Plan to provide redefined services in a two-tiered system, all based on past experience, the recent increase in Apple product users, and the every-changing role of the retail stores. As you can imagine, details are difficult to determine, so it's unclear how ProCare will be affected. Warranty service and repairs are a critical element of Apple's overall sales experience, but also have a impact on the company's bottom line. So one can only assume the new AppleCare will balance superior service for all customer segments against the lowest possible costs for Apple.

StarbucksSam
Jun 14, 2005, 08:35 PM
Dah I just bought AppleCare this week. Is this going to effect my plan?

eva01
Jun 14, 2005, 08:42 PM
i would think in this case everyones applecare will go with the new guidelines, because it would be too difficult to try and remember to systems for repair.

Daveway
Jun 14, 2005, 09:05 PM
I'm hoping for accidental damage protection. Apple is one of a very few computer companies that don't offer this, even-though they sell the most expensive.

yoda13
Jun 14, 2005, 09:23 PM
Well, I would be surprised if Apple made this retroactive for already activated AppleCare accounts, but I could be wrong. We'll see.

ravenvii
Jun 14, 2005, 09:48 PM
I wonder about this "two-tiered" plan and mention of Apple Stores. Maybe they're offering a cheaper plan where you can bring your Apple into a Apple Store for repair, but you can't ship it?

JDOG_
Jun 14, 2005, 11:01 PM
Yeah, if it's about the "bottom line" it's certainly no good for us consumers...that's for sure!