PDA

View Full Version : Emoji for Mac

awenger
Feb 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
Is there a way to send Emoji from the Messages app? When I try the emoticons they are sent as plain text and I rather won't install a 3rd party app from the App Store

burnout8488
Feb 16, 2012, 09:25 PM
The developers of the Emoji app will probably hop on this now that there's an OSX use for it.

I thought of this earlier too.

eagandale4114
Feb 16, 2012, 09:48 PM
Is there a way to send Emoji from the Messages app? When I try the emoticons they are sent as plain text and I rather won't install a 3rd party app from the App Store

There is an emoji icon on the right side of the box where you type stuff.

burnout8488
Feb 16, 2012, 09:50 PM
Yes, but that has the standard smiley tray.

Install "Emoji Free!" on your iPhone and you'll see what the OP is talking about. More smilies.

aziatiklover
Feb 16, 2012, 10:15 PM
Yes, but that has the standard smiley tray.

Install "Emoji Free!" on your iPhone and you'll see what the OP is talking about. More smilies.

u dont have to install emoji free app on ios5. it comes activated! All u need is to add it into your keyboard settings.

burnout8488
Feb 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
u dont have to install emoji free app on ios5. it comes activated! All u need is to add it into your keyboard settings.

Wat. Did not know. :(

aziatiklover
Feb 16, 2012, 10:37 PM
Wat. Did not know. :(

settings>general>keyboard>international keyboards>add new keyboard>emoji

eagandale4114
Feb 17, 2012, 12:10 AM
settings>general>keyboard>international keyboards>add new keyboard>emoji

Since this is the first beta apple might add the emoji keyboard to OS X ML.

jayhawk11
Feb 17, 2012, 03:02 AM
You guys know that you can just open the Character Viewer and all the emoji are in there, right?

Granted, it should be built-in to Messages (and I'm sure it will be), but that's a workaround.

aziatiklover
Feb 17, 2012, 03:54 AM
You guys know that you can just open the Character Viewer and all the emoji are in there, right?

Granted, it should be built-in to Messages (and I'm sure it will be), but that's a workaround.

yeap and there is an app in the mac store for emoji as well.

mcnoodles
Aug 1, 2012, 09:02 AM
Click in any field that you want to type in and hit CMD-OPT-T at the same time. Emoji should be listed on the left. :D

ubercool
Aug 7, 2012, 03:36 PM
Click in any field that you want to type in and hit CMD-OPT-T at the same time. Emoji should be listed on the left. :D

Thanks for the great tip! :D