Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WesleyUden

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
So what do you guys think iTunes will be like with Mountain Lion?
I hope they will do big things with it.

iLive

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2012
Denmark
Nothing wrong with iTunes, what do you want to do with it?

iTunes has evolved from a music player to a manager and store for all types of different media (music, movies, tunes, radio, podcasts, books, iOS apps etc.), aswell as a manager for iPod, iPhone and iPad. It's a bit confusing there's all of this inside one application called iTunes. It should be divided into multiple applications instead.

Unggoy Murderer

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
iTunes has evolved from a music player to a manager and store for all types of different media (music, movies, tunes, radio, podcasts, books, iOS apps etc.), aswell as a manager for iPod, iPhone and iPad. It's a bit confusing there's all of this inside one application called iTunes. It should be divided into multiple applications instead.
It's because that iTunes is all one App that made so successful. Splitting it up would be stupid to me!

It is however, bloated. It does need a redesign, maybe like the iOS style tabs at the bottom of the screen with stuff like "Music", "Movies", "Apps", "iPad 3" ... that's how I would do it.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney

There was an Apple customer Survey on iTunes just a week ago.
I know I'd like to see smaller better focused apps instead of the iTunes monolith of pain. Hoping my answers helped push it that way. It seems like the music is almost lost in there these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.