Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PathVu

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
Help!!!

How do I revert back to 10.7 from 10.8?

Thanks

Nov 28, 2010
located
You do a clean install of 10.7 via the recovery partition.
OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery
Lion Recovery Disk Assistant

To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
And thus to all the others, who will look for it and install it anyway, and then will come here, and ask how to remove it.
Ah, computer users.
And those who ask here about it shouldn't be answered since either they should be asking in the Apple Developer forums or not have the software.

Nov 28, 2010
located
And those who ask here about it shouldn't be answered since either they should be asking in the Apple Developer forums or not have the software.

But deleting the OS is like "Format C:\", thus I can't help myself and always will provide steps to do so.

Suspended
Feb 24, 2011
Help!!!

How do I revert back to 10.7 from 10.8?

Thanks

I will go back to 10.7, too. - 10.8 is missing many convenient things and the only real cool new things are AirPlay and Dictation (how often will you REALLY use both?).

Therefore, i have to sacrify: battery remaining time in menu, apple+alt+ctrl+8 invert doesn't work anymore, apple mail doesn't give visual feedback in the folder view while loading email. Little snitch firewall doesn't work anymore (at least for me, also not the preview version)

Apple started with 10.7 to add useless pseudo-features to the OS and forgets to focus on the real important small details, i don't like this direction and i'm not going to support it. If i want a mobile phone, i take my iphone, i don't need b*****t on my computer.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
battery remaining time in menu,

Click on the battery?

apple+alt+ctrl+8 invert doesn't work anymore

What a terrible complaint. Besides, it DOES still exist, but the keyboard shortcut is disabled by default.

apple mail doesn't give visual feedback in the folder view while loading email.

And you need this because...?

Apple started with 10.7 to add useless pseudo-features to the OS and forgets to focus on the real important small details, i don't like this direction and i'm not going to support it. If i want a mobile phone, i take my iphone, i don't need b*****t on my computer.

Why not tell us what specifically they should be focusing on.

Predator69

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2012
So the 10.8 is only for developers right ? In case of MAC i don't think the Beta versions is of any good.

Suspended
Feb 24, 2011
Click on the battery?

What a terrible complaint. Besides, it DOES still exist, but the keyboard shortcut is disabled by default.

And you need this because...?

Why not tell us what specifically they should be focusing on.

1. Yes i know you can click on the battery. that sucks!
2. Why remove it, when it's not used for anything new!?
3. Because i want to see what's going on. Ever heard of usability? Probably not.
4. Very simple: keep features when there is no better alternative !
5. They've also removed support for RSS ... (Safari and Mail!)
6. Select multiple emails in Mail, it shows a fancy useless stack but not anymore the count of selected emails

Luckily the solution is very simple for me: stay with 10.7 ...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.