Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Exotic771

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Hi everyone, my first time asking a question here =]

So i recently got a Macbook from my brother, it was running Mac OS X Snow Lepoard i think, before i go on sorry if i sound stupid in asking this. im quiet confused myself =/ ... Anyways, i took the Mac down to our local Computer fixing shop, and i asked him to change it to Windows 7. he did it all, installed drivers etc. It's Windows 7 Home Premium at the moment. im just curious on how i can go back to Mac, or switch between. I have tried the following -

Hold down ALT while it boots up, all that shows is 1 picture of Windows. i thought their should also be a Mac image to start up to? but it doesn't show.

While in Windows, go down to the side bar and try to Restart it in Mac OS X, nothing happens. Just boots in Windows

I have only 1 Disc which my friend gave me, it says on it Snow Lepoard, and if i click it while on Windows. it says Remote Installer? and there is 3 options to choose from, i tryed to install Mac but its just so weird and i don't get it.

So, the real question is, why doesn't the Mac hardrive show up when im pressing Alt during the start up.

Thanks for any help! =)

~Richard

eman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
In the great white north
Hi everyone, my first time asking a question here =]So, the real question is, why doesn't the Mac hardrive show up when im pressing Alt during the start up.
It should, when you press the "alt option" key your mac should look for all bootable devices. When you are in "windows 7/window explorer" does it show the mac hard drive (C or D hard drive etc..)?

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
It looks like he formatted the whole hard disk, which removed Snow Leopard, and installed windows 7. That seems to be what you told him to do.

You'll have to install snow leopard over windows, then take the macbook back and ask the shop to use bootcamp to keep your mac partition and install windows on a separate partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.