PDA

View Full Version : First Update For Mountain Lion

ZacNicholson
Feb 17, 2012, 03:12 AM
This was fast..

Tander
Feb 17, 2012, 03:41 AM
Considering it is still in early stages and not a Public release, I assume there will be many updates over the next few months for OS X 10.8

djrod
Feb 17, 2012, 05:05 AM
Are the app store notifications finally pushed to the Mac? I hate to open the MAS just to check if I have any update

daneoni
Feb 17, 2012, 05:07 AM
The update or at least its process seem buggy. I've installed it about 3 times and it still thinks i need an update.

Are the app store notifications finally pushed to the Mac? I hate to open the MAS just to check if I have any update

Yes the App Store is in the Notification Centre.

Mr. Retrofire
Feb 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
This was fast..
No. This is not an update for ML. It is an update for your TB hardware (firmware).

dsf-oc
Feb 18, 2012, 10:06 PM
The update or at least its process seem buggy. I've installed it about 3 times and it still thinks i need an update.

... same problems here ... I show 3 updates (2 are printer updates) but they never end up installing. I download them each time, but nothing ever happens.

Mr. Retrofire
Feb 18, 2012, 10:27 PM
...same problems here... ...I download them each time, but nothing ever happens.
And the manual installation via
http://support.apple.com/downloads/
fails?

DagazaGZ
Feb 18, 2012, 11:26 PM
... same problems here ... I show 3 updates (2 are printer updates) but they never end up installing. I download them each time, but nothing ever happens.

I have the same problem.

Mr. Retrofire
Feb 18, 2012, 11:28 PM
I have the same problem.
Why do you not try the manual installation (see above)?

DagazaGZ
Feb 18, 2012, 11:59 PM
Why do you not try the manual installation (see above)?

All I have to update is the thunderbolt update, since I have no thunderbolt devices I'm just going to keep trying to update on the mac app store, then I'll know when it's fixed. And if it takes a long time it doesn't matter, unless I decided to go buy some thunderbolt device.

Spontida
Feb 19, 2012, 12:13 AM
Whats the icon app next to iMessage?

Pooshka
Feb 19, 2012, 12:18 AM
Whats the icon app next to iMessage?
Twitter client called Echofon if I'm not mistaken.

bdodds1985
Feb 19, 2012, 01:45 AM

So now you have to open the App Store? Is the notification center something you really need?

daneoni
Feb 19, 2012, 04:41 AM
Notification Centre will alert you to of updates.

JuicyJones
Feb 20, 2012, 08:13 AM
TB 1.0 update is likely a bug on Apple's Servers. I have installed it on Lion (successfully) and probably 30 times on ML unsuccessfully but when I check my system reports I see that my Thunderbolt connectivity is firmware 22.1 which is the newest version. ML is not detecting that that is install and telling me I have an update. It doesn't install successfully because I already have it.

ZacNicholson
Feb 24, 2012, 02:00 AM
Twitter client called Echofon if I'm not mistaken.

you are correct