Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hi,

I just thrashed my setup, and had to go back to scratch. I.e. I first attempted a restore from Time Capsule, which didn't work (the MP just sat there afterwards with the spinning circle.)

Then I tried an earlier TC, but with no end in sight, I eventually blew the HD away, restored again from TC. It didn't work (again), so I installed Lion on top of what I had, and after this OSX is up and running again. I was back to 10-7, so I installed all the updates etc., and now it all looks fine.

However, is there a way to do a health check of OSX? I repaired disk permissions, but is there anything I should do?

Thanks in advance,

Bo

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
However, is there a way to do a health check of OSX? I repaired disk permissions, but is there anything I should do?
Unless you're having specific problems, there's nothing you need to do. Repairing disk permissions is only appropriate in specific situations and isn't a "cure all" for general problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.