Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Please, I never got a answer to this. In Xcode 3, you could go to the help tab; click on open man page; type in what you were looking for (i.e. memcpy); and the men page would open. How do I do that in Xcode 4?

BTW. I complained that Xcode 4 didn't have an open recent file choice. It does, however, allow the creation of workspaces without the need to start a project.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Did you search ? The Organiser provides a search engine you know....

*sigh*. Help -> Documentation and API reference -> Mac OS X 10.7 Core Library -> General -> Mac OS X Man pages.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Listen Knight. Don't be rude. :) You're supposed to be chivalrous.
Yes I searched. I googled; I put man pages in Xcode help window; and I asked the forum - twice.
So now I know where it is. Thank you.

Whose idea was it to bury something so useful so deep. Xcode for is truly for the professional. How do you recommend I use it? I put it on my dock for now but I don't want to have to open it every time I open Xcode.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I searched for precisely what you pointed out : memcpy. It returned the man page immediately, along with a full path at the top. :rolleyes: Took a whole 2 minutes. Prior to telling where it was, I had no clue myself and was basically in the same boat as you were.

Knights were not chilvalrous at all. They were sires meant to own lands called a fiefdom, rule over the working class and collect taxes for the king.

farmerdoug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
I don't understand. Where did you search? Here? Documentation and API reference -> Mac OS X 10.7 Core Library -> General -> Mac OS X Man pages.
But how do you get to that page?

Answer quickly before I demote you to one.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
There's the search method :

Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 9.52.12 PM.png

There's the browse method :

Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 9.52.28 PM.png

The organizer will open if you click here :

Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 9.55.57 PM.png

Make sure you actually downloaded and installed the proper documentation pack you want :

Screen Shot 2012-02-17 at 9.56.20 PM.png

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
You could just keep xman handy (opening X11 when you launch it). If find its simple interface quite useful, though you may have to customize X11 to make it easier to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.