Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Autosave in Lion is driving me crazy. When I used to make changes to my documents in Pages, I'd prompt me to save the changes. And so, when I didn't like the edits I make to my essays, I can just tell it to discard the changes and all it well. But now, with Lion, it automatically sames them for me! I have to manually remember to click "revert to last saved versions", and if I forget to click that, them boom! it saves everything.

And no, versions doesn't solve my problem because I work with my files on Snow Leopard machines as well, and they have no idea how to look for older versions. And so, when I get to school, I notice that my essays is full of messy edits I thought I discarded when I exited Pages without saving.

What can I do to disable Autosave? I don't want to learn to work with it. I just want to opt out of a very dangerous and inconvenient feature.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
From What I have read you cant but try open office or libre office they still use the old and better save and save as method what i call natural as its been around for 30 years

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
i was wondering if the feature can be disabled for preview

I often have to quick edit 30-40 pictures so I load them up in preview. Under SL you can do all your edit and save all at once when you're done, but under Lion every time you switch to a new picture it triggers a save. When working with a multi MB picture file its hard to switch images as smoothly back and forth.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
from what i ve heard none of the features to do with versions and autosave cane be disabled

That's quite disappointing... and surprising. Why can't a "feature" like this be disabled somehow? It doesn't seem to be that integral to the operating system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.