PDA

View Full Version : How to screenshot for Mac App Store

gwelmarten
Feb 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hi
I have developed an App for the Mac App Store and am trying to upload screenshots. I'm struggling with the resolution though. I've set the app to appear at 1280*800, however when I do a screenshot using Shift+Command+4, it includes the shadow. I know I could chop the shaddow off with cropping, but that would mean my screenshot on the App Store wouldn't have a shadow correct?
I'm not sure if Apple adds a shadow to your image when you upload it. Does anybody have any idea?
If not, how would I go about getting a screenshot in the perfect resolution with a shadow?
Thanks,
Sam

Blakeasd
Feb 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
When I upload apps to the MAS I use Shift-Command-3 which just takes a picture of the entire screen. This is perfect for the Mac App Store.

firewood
Feb 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
You can also take a snapshot of just the app's window(s) at its nicest appearing size, and add a larger background pattern or branding or advertising material around the window to composite the appropriate size screenshot. This works better for app's with naturally small windows, since resizing them to big but mostly empty windows looks stupid.