Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Im considering buying my new Mac from MacMall due to the discount, no tax, and free two day FEDEX shipping.

Has anyone here used MacMall and can you recommend them? Thanks!

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Im considering buying my new Mac from MacMall due to the discount, no tax, and free two day FEDEX shipping.

Your profile lists you as living in California. I do believe MacMall has to charge sales tax in California since that is where they are located.

Tenashus1

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011

MacMALL has always been easy as pie for me when it comes to buying a Mac.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
MacMall has been fine for me in the past. Note that they don't accept returns for Macs, though, so be sure that you want the particular model you order from them.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
They're fine but I'd go with a vendor such as Amazon if they have the model you're looking for. No tax+ better return policy.

HstephenG

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
I have heard mentions of a student discount at macmall but see no mention of it anywhere on the site. Anyone know more about this? Obviously they already have a standard discount and no sales tax so is already a good deal.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
MacMall sales tax is dependent on what state you live in. I contacted them about NY and they do charge sales tax to NY. I also asked about Michigan and they do not for them.

I asked them these question on their chat box on the website.

Last edited:

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I ended up getting it at Apple in San Francisco. They matched the price, but not the tax savings. I decided I didn't want to wait for delivery....I'm not a patient man. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.