Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I'm working on something for Cydia (Jailbreak app store). Can someone please start a blank app, and send me a compiled NIB looking like this?

r87na1

Clarification edit: I made this in "Dapp" for iPhone (one could call it an "interface builder simulator").

I can't install Xcode (long story), it'd mean a lot! Thanks!

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Out of interest, why don't you do a nibless app? It's easy enough to make an app without any nibs at all… you can specify an app delegate in the main.m file, and then create your window and everything in code in applicaitonDidFinishLaunching.

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Out of interest, why don't you do a nibless app? It's easy enough to make an app without any nibs at all… you can specify an app delegate in the main.m file, and then create your window and everything in code in applicaitonDidFinishLaunching.

I'm making a Jailbreak utility. I'm just taking an app that I wrote a while back (before the &^*%^%#^%@&%^#!$^ IT guy took away my Xcode), deleting everything but the Info.plist, Icon.png, and binary. Then, I just change the binary to a shell script, and it runs it on launch. I would just use the screenshot I supplied as a Default.png, but it goes away immediately (because there's nothing to load, so there's zero load time). I could also just add "killall [appname]" to the end of the script, but that would be quite non-user-friendly.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Can someone please start a blank app, and send me a compiled NIB looking like this?

A few questions would need to be answered, I think, before a .xib could be generated:
- is the navigation bar simulated (so that it appears as part of a navigation controller hierarchy) or has it been added?
- the two lines of text are UILabels, correct?
- is the placement of the labels specific or is close-enough good-enough?
- seems you are using a custom-font. is that necessary or would system-font suffice?

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
A few questions would need to be answered, I think, before a .xib could be generated:
- is the navigation bar simulated (so that it appears as part of a navigation controller hierarchy) or has it been added?
- the two lines of text are UILabels, correct?
- is the placement of the labels specific or is close-enough good-enough?
- seems you are using a custom-font. is that necessary or would system-font suffice?

- I honestly don't know, it's just for the title text on it, not for code. If this is what you mean, you can just drag-and-drop a nav bar and change the text.
- Correct
- Close-enough good-enough
- Font is Ubuntu, but it doesn't matter what the font is, I replaced Helvetica with Ubuntu on my device, so everything is in that font, weather I want it to be or not :D. You can use Helvetica. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.