Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marnil58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
WELL I have a Macbook2,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz

My TV does NOT have HDMI or VGA, ONLY S-video with RGA whatever..

I have been through tons of forums looking for the right answer on how to connect my Macbook to my TV. While I know there is an apple adapter that is mini DVI to S-video....people have said that i will not fit Macbook, only mini and Mac Air (i think).

If there is anyone out there...please honk and HELPP thanksss!!!!

marnil58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
I found the right combination..BUT

Thanks for the link...almost there..BUTT

Under S-video...

"Older MacBook (white or black, purchased before fall 2009), you need this adapter + an S-Video cable."

When I click on "this adapter" it brings me to the apple website but says "Page not found"

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the link...almost there..BUTT

Under S-video...

"Older MacBook (white or black, purchased before fall 2009), you need this adapter + an S-Video cable."

When I click on "this adapter" it brings me to the apple website but says "Page not found"
Which link? It could, indeed, be a dead link. However, Apple has been having problems with their site in recent months. For any link to Apple's site that doesn't load at first, refresh the page a few times and it may load.

marnil58

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
"this adapter" (under S-video, macbook before 2009) it brings me to the apple website but says "Page not found"

Is that SUPPOSE to be the same S-video adapter as the one for macbook after 2009?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.