Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsAreBetter\

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a piece of software, yet I'm blank on what to put into Google. Basically, I have an 'index.html' file, and I need to edit it over and over again putting different numbers in.

For example the first file will have '1.png' while the next will have '2.png' and so forth. Any way I can mass edit it? So I don't have to open the file, edit, save, open next, edit, save...

Thanks, sorry for that pathetic excuse of an explanation. :D

mydogisbox

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2011
I'm looking for a piece of software, yet I'm blank on what to put into Google. Basically, I have an 'index.html' file, and I need to edit it over and over again putting different numbers in.

For example the first file will have '1.png' while the next will have '2.png' and so forth. Any way I can mass edit it? So I don't have to open the file, edit, save, open next, edit, save...

Hmmm, you're in the programming forum and you want a custom program... sounds like the right choice is to write one yourself!

willieva

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2010
You could easily write a script to do this. It's a one line command, and there are many ways to do it.

Or you could have index.html look at a definite filename, and have the file you want copied to that name when appropriate.

You could even write some javascript to have the name updated in the browser.

You need to be more specific about what you're trying to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.