Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zukernik

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Hong Kong
The #5 paid app in Hong Kong is currently Polemon Yellow, yet it was developped by a random guy and every reviews says it's a fake app that does nothing. I wonder how this app made it to the app store and how come the developer is still allowed to scam people. The app has been selling since the 17th of February and is top ranked in many other countries.

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
The #5 paid app in Hong Kong is currently Polemon Yellow, yet it was developped by a random guy and every reviews says it's a fake app that does nothing. I wonder how this app made it to the app store and how come the developer is still allowed to scam people. The app has been selling since the 17th of February and is top ranked in many other countries.

I just saw this today. What gave it away for me was the screenshots were from Pokémon Yellow. My geekdar went off, lol.

How did Apple allow this?

zukernik

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Hong Kong
The same developer is also selling a Digimon and a Yu-Gi-Oh app. I wonder how he managed to scam so many people with such an obvious fraud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.