Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orr971

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Hello!
About 2 months ago, I've lost my iPad, that was updated with iOS 4.[something]. I locked it with "Find My iPhone". I found my iPad after a week (and it wasn't locked) and just recently I've updated it to 5.0.1... but then the locking was activated... and I don't remember the passcode... so what can I do to start it from scratch or somethig without opening it? how can I solve this?

orr971

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Wow... are you sure? the only proof i have is my box.. is it enough? Reception? I think it's long-gone... got my iPad a year ago
anyways I sent a message to the apple support in Israel... I will see what they will tell me...

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA
If you registered it with Apple, you will not have a problem.

I think the same thing happened to a co-worker. Lost iPad, locked it, but it never really locked for some reason. He found it in basement of the office building, unlocked state. Someone had been using it. Took it home, synced it with his computer, after syncing, it locked with passcode. Took it to an Apple store and they unlocked it.

orr971

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
OK right now im waiting for a reply from the support...
thank you!

normanbates

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2011
Plug it into the iTunes account which you first set it up with and do a restore (back it up first though)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.