Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morshu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Hey,
I need some help getting the aforementioned OS running on my iMac 12,1. I'm looking to run a windows only online game on my iMac, and I realize that this is not supported by apple (only windows 7 64 bit is, but I don't have a disc/product key for that version). I only really need the AirPort and graphics drivers to get this set up the rest of the way. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 6750m and the AirPort card is an Atheros 9380. Any help on getting these drivers set up would be greatly appreciated.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Hey,
I need some help getting the aforementioned OS running on my iMac 12,1. I'm looking to run a windows only online game on my iMac, and I realize that this is not supported by apple (only windows 7 64 bit is, but I don't have a disc/product key for that version). I only really need the AirPort and graphics drivers to get this set up the rest of the way. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 6750m and the AirPort card is an Atheros 9380. Any help on getting these drivers set up would be greatly appreciated.

Check amd's website for the 6750m. There should be a download. If you can't find that exact card any 6 series radeon driver should install though. If it doesn't you can manual install it using device Manager. Both windows 7 and vista drivers will work for vista. They are essentially the same driver.
Heres the win vista/7 32bit driver for the 6000m series.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-32.aspx

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=44&system=5

Try this one for the wireless.

Morshu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
OK, so I ended up using a USB WiFi adapter because I couldnt get the internal wifi working. Now when I run the AMD Catalyst mobility version 12.1 it says that I don't contain the proper graphics adapter. Any ideas anyone?

Morshu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Well, I ended up downloading the Bootcamp drivers from AMD's website which enabled the graphics card fully (5.9 in WEI and now it allows 1080 res.) but it says that there are 5 monitors?? :confused: Anyways now I need to get the sound to work. In device manager it's just called High Definition Audio Device. Any ideas/questions?

rossip

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
Well, I ended up downloading the Bootcamp drivers from AMD's website which enabled the graphics card fully (5.9 in WEI and now it allows 1080 res.) but it says that there are 5 monitors?? :confused: Anyways now I need to get the sound to work. In device manager it's just called High Definition Audio Device. Any ideas/questions?

Try using the mobile drivers from amd's website, not the bootcamp ones. Also, you should be able to install the drivers bootcamp burns to disc. If a message comes up saying this version of windows is not supported, there is a way to force it. Search the disc for a .exe that's something like bootcamp_32 and run it as an administer and it should install. I can't remember the exact path and file name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.