PDA

View Full Version : Messages not working when sent to phone number?

JDENredden
Feb 21, 2012, 05:46 AM
When someone iMessages me to my phone number, I dont get it in the Mac version. But if someone sends it to one of my emails I get it on both iPhone and Mac. I noticed there is no option to add a phone number to Messages on Mac, so I just assumed it would be linked to my Apple ID, but it appears not.

Anyone else experiencing this?

BFW122083
Feb 21, 2012, 06:33 AM
Im sitting here searching for the same answer! If I find it ill post, but hopefully someone else knows :)

ssn637
Feb 21, 2012, 09:38 AM
As far as I can remember Messages only works if the email address associated with the user's iCloud account is used (not the phone number).

When I try to send a message to myself the only entry which appears to be valid is my iCloud email address (I can see a blue cloud next to this listing). On the other hand, I just tried sending a note to my wife's iCloud email address and received an error message that she was not available for iMessage. I don't have the feeling that the developer preview has this application fully sorted out yet.

I have similar problems with Notes: None of them are synched between my devices and they don't seem to be uploading to the cloud.