Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vigu360

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Canada
Guys I have a 13" MBP Incase sleeve for my MBA, but I'm wondering if there's a MBA specific sleeve with perfect fit? Any suggestions?

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
I just bought a generic neoprene sleeve for a 13" laptop. Works perfectly and has protected my laptop without a hitch yet. And thats including when I dropped at 2000 page, hardback university book on it...

Lots of companies will just overprice their covers by advertising "SUPER INNOVATIVE iCASE FOR MACBOOK AIR! DESIGNED TO PERFECTLY FIT YOUR BEAUTIFUL MAC!, NOW >>ONLY<< 100 DOLLARS!"; dont buy into it.

MValentine09

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
Northridge, CA
I have the ManilaMac Envelope, and it fits my 13" MBA perfect and snug. Just doesnt offer that protection from being dropped. But honestly Im only trying to prevent scratches and dings.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2011
I had found one really beautiful but I bookmarked it to iPad, now it has been factory reseted and sold. If you can tell me how can I see my iPad safari bookmarks I'll tell you. :rolleyes:

hshan72

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011
I have the speck sleeve. It fits my 13' MBA very snugly. I'd recommend it.

I have this as well and give a strong endorsement to this sleeve. It fits snugly with the MBA since it's designed for ultrabooks, and also the inside is covered in this extremely soft cloth (microfiber?) whereas I've seen some of the cheaper sleeves use rougher material. Visually, it's not stunning but not something you want to hide either. It's more cool/unique.

Really solid case!

r.kirkerrr

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2009
Belfast
The Bookbook is worth the money! it's a great case for protecting the MBA inside a messenger bag or backpack. and sit's nicely when opened also.

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
Another vote for a JoliOriginals. Expensive but lovely.

+1, i got one for my sister, nicest sleeve ive bought in my 10ish years using macs.. I'd have one for my 11" but i use a speck shell so it wouldnt fit.

chekk

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
Ultralight (<1lb) sleeve and pack combo

I have a Crumpler 'The Fug' for MacBook Air 13 ($35 incl free ship from Adorama; http://www.adorama.com/CLF13ARD.html), which I use as a minimal sleeve inside my REI 'Stuff' travel pack ($30 from REI; http://www.rei.com/product/809163/rei-stuff-travel-pack )

The best part of this setup is that sleeve (128g) and pack (280g) weigh less than 1lb together!

The sleeve is 1 layer of neoprene, staple stitched around the edges so it's form fitting. Opening is on the short side, and is slightly narrowed so that you sort of 'pop' the MBA in and then the sleeve doesn't slide off on its own. I pull the laptop out, leaving the sleeve in the pack. The MBA slides back in easily even when there's other stuff in there.

Not going to provide a ton of drop protection, so I don't drop it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2305.jpg
    IMG_2305.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2306.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
+1, i got one for my sister, nicest sleeve ive bought in my 10ish years using macs.. I'd have one for my 11" but i use a speck shell so it wouldnt fit.

I have to chime in as well. I absolutely adore my Joli case for my 11" --- had it since December, and despite daily commute to work and such, it looks brand new.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I've got a 13" 2011 Macbook Air and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for...

I would like something that's meets these criteria:

• slim, yet protective
  • fully enclosed
  • extra pocket if I need to bring a charger
  • low-profile handle for easier carrying

The closest I've found is this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H...?n=macbookair13&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&s=topSellers

But it says ships in 1-2 months :(

Has anyone seen anything similar? I'm currently using the Incase Heathered sleeve that was mentioned a few posts above, but I'm considering returning it to Best Buy in favor of something with handles... if I can ever find one (that's hopefully not bulky)...

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
Same here, I have a Brown-Yellow Joli originals for both my MBA and my iPad, I got rid of the ugly speck case to use this case with my MBA :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.