Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naturalghost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
I had my iPod Touch 4g connected to my netbook with iTunes running this morning. Nothing new, just letting it sit there to recharge like I do every day. I go to turn off iTunes and it reports that my iPod only has 0.68 gb of audio. Look at my iPod, and all my music, audiobooks, and videos save for one purchased song (not the only purchased song I had) are all gone.

Also, very important, iTunes is telling me I suddenly have 31.1 gb of the yellow "other" that certainly wasn't there before. How do I find out what that is and get rid of it?

I'm running iTunes 10.5.3.3 on Windows XP. I don't have the current iOS for my iPod because when I tried to download it I got some warning about having to back up my music first and I don't have a computer big enough.

Only things out of the ordinary were that I was getting an "updating files" message after transfering songs that just stayed there and did nothing so I routinely canceled the sync after I got the songs. Also, the last time I transferred an album (last night) it said an unknown error occured, but as far as I could tell the files got through fine.

I don't keep the music I have on my netbook, but I keep iTunes set to manual syncing, so autosync shouldn't have anything to do with it. Again, it was just sitting here.

Anyone? :confused: Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.