PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop: Rotate and Save 360 images

FCSsoftware
Feb 22, 2012, 01:25 PM
Hello all,

I have a quick question, which I hope someone can point me in the right direction with...

I have a PSD file, it's simply an image of a compass on the bottom layer with no hand, and a the hand is a separate layer on top of the compass layer.

What I need to do is to make 360 png images of this with the hand at each angle. So an image with the hand at 1 degree, at 2 degrees, at 3 degrees, etc...

I searched the web about this with the hope of finding some sort of script, but have found nothing beneficial. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

KamuiVII
Feb 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
use Actions.

Record the first action. Then keep "replaying" it till all 360 images are completed.

UTclassof89
Feb 23, 2012, 09:08 AM
Can't help but wonder what your end-goal is?

Does that goal really require 360 unique images? Wouldn't 2 images (the compass face and the hand) and some programming work better?

simsaladimbamba
Feb 23, 2012, 09:15 AM
You could also use the 30-day trial of After Effects and import the PSD twice to have both layers separately and then animate the hand over 360 frames, and then render the animation as image sequence.

FCSsoftware
Feb 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
Can't help but wonder what your end-goal is?

Does that goal really require 360 unique images? Wouldn't 2 images (the compass face and the hand) and some programming work better?

Unfortunately, with the project I am doing, there is no other way than to have 360 pictures. However, they are all stored on the web so they will not take up any space on a device.

sims,
Great idea, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

ezekielrage_99
Feb 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
You could also use the 30-day trial of After Effects and import the PSD twice to have both layers separately and then animate the hand over 360 frames, and then render the animation as image sequence.

You can do this in Motion5 as well, just export to image sequences. I've done the same in the past, quick and easy while less (click and click) compared to a Photoshop action.

simsaladimbamba
Feb 27, 2012, 03:05 AM
You can do this in Motion5 as well, just export to image sequences. I've done the same in the past, quick and easy while less (click and click) compared to a Photoshop action.

I know, but since the OP used Photoshop already, s/he already might have AE installed or at least some basic knowledge to navigate it.
Adobe also offers a 30 day trial for AE, Apple doesn't for Motion.

ezekielrage_99
Feb 27, 2012, 03:57 AM
I know, but since the OP used Photoshop already, s/he already might have AE installed or at least some basic knowledge to navigate it.
Adobe also offers a 30 day trial for AE, Apple doesn't for Motion.

True about the trial for AE, though I thought with the release of FCPX 10.0.3 you could get a trial via the Apple site... Though I could be wrong.

Either way $50 doesn't exactly break the bank.

simsaladimbamba
Feb 27, 2012, 05:27 AM
True about the trial for AE, though I thought with the release of FCPX 10.0.3 you could get a trial via the Apple site... Though I could be wrong.

Either way $50 doesn't exactly break the bank.

Sadly there is no trial of Motion: http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/motion/
And yes, 50 USD does not break the bank, but spending 50 USD for something simple like this, is a bit much, especially when setting the composition up and rendering takes probably less than ten minutes.