Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OTrpxiq2Z4

There's a great view at 0:54

Tinker Hatfield, an Nike designer, has been using an iPad to do his shoe designs. I'm wondering what stylus he's using in this video. It's a long aluminum stylus. I've been doing extensive research trying to find a stylus but haven't seen that one. Thanks for any help!

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
FWIW, I've played with one (Best Buy sells them, or at least sold them over the holidays). The one I played with had three interchangeable tips but they were all pretty much just rubber tips of different sizes.

Its really just an elongated Pogo. If you use an app where you have to keep your wrist off the screen (like for painting apps) then I presume it would be nice to have that longer shaft. But otherwise....meh.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
FWIW, I've played with one (Best Buy sells them, or at least sold them over the holidays). The one I played with had three interchangeable tips but they were all pretty much just rubber tips of different sizes.

Its really just an elongated Pogo. If you use an app where you have to keep your wrist off the screen (like for painting apps) then I presume it would be nice to have that longer shaft. But otherwise....meh.

Tbh, Tinker Hatfield's a big shot and I thought he'd be using something cooler than a Pogo... It seems like all stylus have different ups and downs. I'm debating between the Cosmonaut or just a normal mainstream stylus like the Pogo. The Cosmonaut doesn't look too great for sketching but apparently the tip is really nice and glides well so it could be a good trade off. I'm not too huge on those perforated tips like the Pogo has.

i just sold my iPad 2 so I have a while to shop around since I'll have nothing to test it on.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks, I'll check it out. I kinda skip over the brush styluses because I feel like the brush bristols are just an illusion but if the other rubber tips work well I'd be interested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.