Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tzread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Sorry i got the title wrong, it is supposed to be the Solo HD that i am talking about

Before i start i don't want to start a debate about the headphones, there are some people who hate/love them. So i bought them from amazon for £139 instead of the £170 retail, but i think they may be fake, they are sold by amazon and the headphones and case exactly the same as the ones in the apple store but the only thing is the lining of the neoprene case is white instead of black( my friends is back he bought them from apple). I'm not too sure if i'm just being over cautious, are there any other tells? I mean they wee bought from amazon.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Last edited:

MaxMichael

macrumors member
May 26, 2009
England
Here's what I found:

http://www.redditpics.com/genuine-vs-very-convincing-fake-beats-by-dre-solo,39197/

Although if you bought them from Amazon, I'd assume they were genuine and maybe there were manufacturing changes, I'm not sure.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this applies to the Solo HDs but I know on the Studio HDs there are signatures and serial numbers on the battery door which the fakes don't have, but maybe the Solo's don't have a battery door like that.

tzread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I got them directly from amazon and not a third seller. Also i noticed the label on the cloth had the same writing but different copyrights or trademarks in different places. It does have a serial number on the box and on the headphones.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Was the order actually fulfilled by Amazon though? A while back I ordered about a dozen DVDs, all from Amazon, and when the package showed up, it did so in a genuine Amazon box. However, when I looked at the packaging slip inside, I noticed that both Amazon and 3rd party sellers had contributed.

One of the DVDs was a fake, I was pretty annoyed.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
Sorry i got the title wrong, it is supposed to be the Solo HD that i am talking about

Before i start i don't want to start a debate about the headphones, there are some people who hate/love them. So i bought them from amazon for £139 instead of the £170 retail, but i think they may be fake, they are sold by amazon and the headphones and case exactly the same as the ones in the apple store but the only thing is the lining of the neoprene case is white instead of black( my friends is back he bought them from apple). I'm not too sure if i'm just being over cautious, are there any other tells? I mean they wee bought from amazon.

Thank you for your help in advance.

ok my friend....they are either refurbished, or "fakes" but the thing about the Fake beats are that they are usually OEM meaning they're made from original or leftover parts from the factory...you probably don't have a warranty...I bought some tours off amazon and then compared them to a pair purchased from Best Buy and surpisingly they were very close

misterxdonut

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2011
What's funny is that you should be careful if the seller is overseas/foreign or not. Last time, I ordered a pair of Sony DJ headphones. Looked like the real thing, until I got a chance to check out the sound and it was the quality from an airplane headset. Turned out it was fake.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Register the serial number online. This will tell you if it is fake. Chances are if it is actually sold my Amazon and fullifilled by Amazon they are legit, but again, the serial number will prove this. You can also call Monster and give them the number over the phone. Let us know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.