PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth + ipad Battery ?

ValentinoV
Feb 25, 2012, 12:17 AM
I am planning on buying the iPad 3 when it comes out, I'm thinking about coupling it with a pair of bluetooth headphones. My main use is for movies,

Has anyone tried this before and know how much does it affect the battery?

Thanks in advance,

appleguy123
Feb 25, 2012, 12:19 AM
Bluetooth is by far the biggest drainer of my iPads'( I've owned iPad 1 and 2) batteries. It shaves about 2 hours off the battery, and that's just leaving it paired to a speaker without playing anything.

miles01110
Feb 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
Bluetooth affects battery life significantly.

Ayemerica
Feb 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
I am planning on buying the iPad 3 when it comes out, I'm thinking about coupling it with a pair of bluetooth headphones. My main use is for movies,

Has anyone tried this before and know how much does it affect the battery?

Thanks in advance,

it Depends the iPad 3 is expected to use Bluetooth 4.0 which is lower power drain then the iPad 2's Bluetooth 3.0.

appleguy123
Feb 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
it Depends the iPad 3 is expected to use Bluetooth 4.0 which is lower power drain then the iPad 2's Bluetooth 3.0.

I thought that that was only for certain categories of devices. Traditional devices like speakers and headphones would still drain the battery the same amount unless I'm mistaken.

ValentinoV
Feb 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
let's say the usual battery life is 10 hrs, based on the ipad 2, what would it look like with bluetooth + movie playback?

appleguy123
Feb 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
let's say the usual battery life is 10 hrs, based on the ipad 2, what would it look like with bluetooth + movie playback?

Depending on brightness, I would say about 5.5-6 hours. Maybe less.

Ayemerica
Feb 25, 2012, 12:57 AM
I thought that that was only for certain categories of devices. Traditional devices like speakers and headphones would still drain the battery the same amount unless I'm mistaken.

Yeah you are correct. I guess headphones still need that high power to function.