Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a new iPhone 4S commercial focusing on iCloud. Entitled "iCloud Harmony", the ad offers no voiceover and instead utilizes a series of fast-paced cuts to show music, photos, calendars, apps, contacts, and books all automatically syncing among Macs, iPads, and iPhones.

The commercial, which is also being featured on Apple's main homepage, ends with the tagline "Automatic. Everywhere. iCloud."

Article Link: Apple Airs New 'iCloud Harmony' Commercial

Last edited:

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Apple needs to air one focusing on 'Find My Phone'.
That feature (which I laughed at thinking it would be pointless) help me get a 2 month old iPhone 4S back.

Andronicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2008
When they showed the music download they should've showed it screwing up the album artwork and replacing explicit albums with censored ones. Well come on guys it would've been more realistic!

iCloud and match have been disappointing.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
iCould all, and all is better than MobileMe.

But iTunes Match is absolutely worthless. Nothing but problems for so many users. The one part of iCloud that clearly wasn't ready.

7o7munoz7o7

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Bay Area
When they showed the music download they should've showed it screwing up the album artwork and replacing explicit albums with censored ones. Well come on guys it would've been more realistic!

iCloud works pretty well....iTunes Match on the other hand is a big disappointment

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
iCould all, and all is better than MobileMe.

But iTunes Match is absolutely worthless. Nothing but problems for so many users. The one part of iCloud that clearly wasn't ready.

iTunes Match really isn't a part of iCloud because it doesn't use your iCloud storage and doesn't sync anything really.

Tinyluph

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
Simple and graceful commercials, but I still like the Siri ones better.

Music didn't seem like a good fit.

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
The only reason Apple products sell better than Android products is, Apple has better commercials. That and the fact that Apple makes better stuff. If Apple were to have bad marketing and make useless junk, Google would win.

It's not fair, we should pass a law making Apple have bad commercials and sell bad products. "Use the iPhone, because it now smells like a rabid skunk!"

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Good ad. A healthy reminder to mum and dad not to get kinky with the iPhone camera if grandma or the kids share the same Apple ID.

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
Most of the people who post on this site are Apple people. We all understand what the commercial is about. I wonder how many non technical people will get the concept?

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008

iCloud? Works great for me. Match? Disappointing.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Most of the people who post on this site are Apple people. We all understand what the commercial is about. I wonder how many non technical people will get the concept?

You've just hit on one of Apple's key strengths right there—making technology which even non-technical people get. And the ads back that up I think. The non-technical person might be tempted to ask why the pictures are appearing on the computer, as if by magic—but that's the whole point isn't it? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.