PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Touch. It's actually pretty good!

Mac.World
Feb 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
I've been using my iMac for all my photoshopping needs to create my themes on my ipad and iphone. Tonight I downloaded Photoshop Touch and tried out how good it is and if it actually can replicate the Photoshop on the iMac.

Well, it is pretty darn close. The finesse of a keyboard and mouse is obviously lacking, but icon manipulation is now a snap on my ipad.

If you are looking to replace the real deal, well, this won't do that. But for fairly simple projects, this works awesome. Worth $10 bucks? Debateable. If it had been $5.99 or less, well absolutely! It really depends on what you do and your needs. For me, it fits the bill perfectly.

P.S. this is only for the iPad 2. Won't work on the original iPad.

niuniu
Feb 27, 2012, 06:01 AM
Can you get PSDs from Photoshop onto the Photoshop Touch and back again?

fhall1
Feb 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
According to a review on Macstories you can bring them onto the iPad, but the file loses all its layer info, it essentially comes in as a picture

steviem
Feb 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
I hope to see a lot of improvements on this - it's very promising though, played with it on the way to work this morning, going through some of the tutorials.

Think I'll be upgrading to the iPad 3 soon after release (but getting 32GB at least). Good thing I look after this one.

Now if only Apple will put Aperture onto the iPad...

M87
Feb 29, 2012, 03:26 AM
I think it is incredible. It easily ranks up there with my favorite iPad app, GarageBand. And like GarageBand, I prefer the iPad experience over the desktop. Granted, I only edit photos for my amusement and am not particularly experienced or good at it. It's one of those apps that makes the idea of an iPad as my only computing device seem like a much more tangible reality.

lsquare
Mar 2, 2012, 02:15 AM
Does it work with raw files? What are the advantages of this app? Is it actually useful?