PDA

View Full Version : Old Apple ID On Same iPhone 4S...

braeburn
Feb 27, 2012, 12:26 AM
So I'm logged into my current apple id on my 4s and noticed that some of the apps have updates...Go to update all apps and it asks for my apple id password...However it asks for my former apple id that I had with my previous employers iphone 3g...Some of the apps from the 3g are on my 4s...

I've logged out and back in and still asks for my previous id...

Do I need to restore the phone like new and download all apps again or we're not allowed to bring in apps onto a new iphone from a previous one???

Charadis
Feb 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
So I'm logged into my current apple id on my 4s and noticed that some of the apps have updates...Go to update all apps and it asks for my apple id password...However it asks for my former apple id that I had with my previous employers iphone 3g...Some of the apps from the 3g are on my 4s...

I've logged out and back in and still asks for my previous id...

Do I need to restore the phone like new and download all apps again or we're not allowed to bring in apps onto a new iphone from a previous one???

The apps that you've downloaded or purchased from the AppStore are tied to the apple ID that you logged in to download each app. If the system keeps asking you to sign in with old account before updating a certain app, then that app is tied to that account, and there are apps tied to your old account that transferred over when you last synced.

You will have to redownload or repurchase any app you wish to be tied to your main account.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

braeburn
Feb 27, 2012, 12:11 PM
Thanks Charadis...

I was hoping that wasn't the case and that I can transfer all my purchases from one ID to my new one...

Don't understand why I would need to re-purchase something again just because of my Apple ID...:confused:

braeburn
Mar 15, 2012, 11:44 AM
Back again...

So I had deleted all the apps that were tied to my old apple ID and re-downloaded them using my new ID....

Now, some of them have updates and are asking for my password but again for my old apple ID instead of the new ID that I used to download the apps...:confused:

So now I'm a bit confused...Any thoughts?

braeburn
Mar 19, 2012, 11:20 PM
Anyone???

batting1000
Mar 19, 2012, 11:31 PM
The apps were downloaded originally using the old ID, that's why it's prompting you for the old details. Be sure when you're redownloading them that you're using the new credentials. If there was anything your purchased with the old account that you still wanted, redownload it with that account to avoid having to re purchase it.

braeburn
Mar 20, 2012, 12:42 AM
That is what I have done...

I deleted all the apps that were associated with my old apple ID and downloaded/re-purchased them again using my new apple ID...Now the apps that have an update, it asks for my old apple ID password...???

Thomasmid
Jun 15, 2012, 11:05 PM
What seems to be happening is that when you download the app after deleting it you're not actually purchasing/downloading it new. The phone already knows that you have purchased it and is associating it with the last Apple ID. I bet you did not have to sign in with your new information did you?

You might try deleting the "offensive" apps from your phone, and then syncing with your computer. Perhaps from there you might be able to make some progress.