PDA

View Full Version : android to Verizon iphone best practices

sk24iam
Feb 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
I'm going to make the switch over to Verizon iphone. I don't want to foret anything. Here is what I plan on doing.

Backup contacts with Backup Assistant.
Save all pictures/video on computer hard drive.
Make a list of all apps on android phone.

Anything I am forgetting anything?

B777Forevar
Feb 27, 2012, 12:05 PM

Go enjoy your new phone

cotak
Feb 27, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm going to make the switch over to Verizon iphone. I don't want to foret anything. Here is what I plan on doing.

Backup contacts with Backup Assistant.
Save all pictures/video on computer hard drive.
Make a list of all apps on android phone.

Just sync your contacts to your gmail account. Then sync your iphone with gmail. No need for backup assistant and you'll always have that contact info as long as any smart phone you use can sync with gmail. Which I think right now is pretty much all of them.

ReallyBigFeet
Feb 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
Just sync your contacts to your gmail account. Then sync your iphone with gmail. No need for backup assistant and you'll always have that contact info as long as any smart phone you use can sync with gmail. Which I think right now is pretty much all of them.

If you are on Android already, aren't you by default synching everything to Gmail? :confused:

cynics
Feb 27, 2012, 12:26 PM
If you are on Android already, aren't you by default synching everything to Gmail? :confused:

The op said he's using backup assistant. Makes more sense to use gmail since he obviously has an account.

Tilpots
Feb 27, 2012, 12:31 PM
Enter your Gmail account on the iPhone through the Exchange setting, not the Gmail setting. The Exchange option allows you to sync contacts, unlike the Gmail option.

sk24iam
Feb 27, 2012, 12:53 PM

I prefer to keep all of my contacts on my phone seperate from my gmail contacts.