Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Hello all,

I recently went down the bootcamp path and installed Windows 7 professional.

My iMac is the 2011 entry level: 21.5-inch, 2.5GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB. I upgraded the ram to 12GB.

The only reason I wanted windows was to play some steam games on my computer (namely Fallout and Skyrim). After getting it all up and running, I quickly ran into a supposed graphics issue with certain AMD cards that don't play nice with dual monitors. I had a slow, but continual screen tear/refresh line that was always present. Nothing I did worked and it was there for most games (or any time the movement was on screen). After searching for days, my solution was to turn off the secondary monitor (in this case, my HDTV). I don't know why, but it worked.

Before this solution, I messed around with outputting the game to the HDTV because honestly, I would rather play on it, than at my computer screen.

I have a 2011 Samsung LED LCD. i run the iMac through a MDP adapter to HDMI into the TV.

I can "play" it enough, but it seems like there is another weird refresh/timing issue. For instance in Fallout if I am just looking around, it will stutter and try to catch up. So my head is turning to the right and it will turn the first 3 seconds, and on the fourth, it will do a small skip and stutter the screen for a bit.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does anyone here successfully game running their lower end Mac to an HDTV?

----------

I think I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry ._.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.