Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moralreef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
hello team.

I'm looking to gain a lot more knowledge in my passing ignorance of compiler arguments and commands, and thought the likely best way to start is to tweak the compiler instructions in xcode 4.2 and see how it affects what is feeding into gcc/clang.

any idea how to achieve this?

itsmrjon

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2011
Chicago
hello team.

I'm looking to gain a lot more knowledge in my passing ignorance of compiler arguments and commands, and thought the likely best way to start is to tweak the compiler instructions in xcode 4.2 and see how it affects what is feeding into gcc/clang.

If I have a correct understanding of what you're trying to achieve:
compile with -v -Wall

This will give you a verbose output of everything the compiler is doing.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
hello team.

"Show Log Navigator" (command-7), click on one of the "Build" items, switch on "All" instead of "Recent" and "All Messages", click on the line that built an item you are interested in, and expand with the "multi-line" symbol on the right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.