Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bebetto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else was having any issues since installing Lion on a 2007 Macbook.

I've been using Lion for about 4 months now and have noticed that I am getting a lot more spinning beach balls and just general slow working.

I also hate the auto opening of windows on start up.

Is it just the age of my machine or could it be something else (I've upgrade the memory so don't think it's that.)

I'm thinking of just going back to snow leopard until the wife will let me get a new macbook!

Any advice greatly received.

Cheers

Rob

AnneStuarto238

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
My macbook-2007 with gma950 and 4gb ram was unusable under lion. Move back to 10.6 or upgrade to a new macbook.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
2007 is an older processor.. How much memory? Lion really wants 4gb minimum, and most Macbooks come stock with only 2. It makes a huge difference. It still won't set the world on fire, but does increase the usability.

Bebetto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
I've got 4gb of Memory in.

Think I may go back to Snow Leopard until I can upgrade.

If I'm honest I've not noticed too much difference since upgrading.

I'm by no means a heavy user. I mainly use mail/internet/word/calendar. I suspect I could be making more use of Lion, but I don't!

Maybe it's back to Snow Leopard for me.

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.