PDA

View Full Version : If you need to run Windows 7 on iPad, found a way

davidlw
Feb 28, 2012, 11:08 AM
If you ever need to run Internet Explorer or Windows 7 on your iPad, there is a app for that. It is called Onlive Desktop, it cost $4.99 per month but for salespeople who have to access Internet Explorer, this will work. My home office website will not work with Safari on the iPad so I gave this a try and it is really nice.

fhall1
Feb 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
You should read the front page more often:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/22/onlive-launches-premium-desktop-plus-with-flash-and-pdf-enabled-web-browser/

davidlw
Feb 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
Guess you are right. I heard about it on the Radio this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

Sylon
Feb 28, 2012, 12:25 PM
I've been running Splashtop from my desktop PC. Not really running Win7 on my iPad, but I don't have a monthly fee. I haven't linked up my Mac to it yet.

drgrafix
Feb 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
Pretty interesting... does Splashtop allow you run a virtual Windows or what? My son sells cars and would love to use a iPad to reference all his needs, he's using a slow Windows ThinkPad right now. I gather he logs on to this online program his dealership uses and has access to his brands and accessories plus trade ins and whatever.

Will the new iPad3 with more power maybe run a sort of Parallels type app that will let you fake Windows OS?

Hawkeye16
Feb 28, 2012, 12:56 PM
I prefer to use Atomic Browser or any other browser that can mimic other browsers.

It lets me view my IE only work websites when it is mimicing them. Much cheaper at $0.99 and no monthly fee...

There are also tons of Virtual Machine apps that will let you connect to your home PC running windows to do exactly what you want. You just have to leave your home PC up and running is the only caveat. They also do not have monthly fees.

drgrafix
Feb 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
I prefer to use Atomic Browser or any other browser that can mimic other browsers.

It lets me view my IE only work websites when it is mimicing them. Much cheaper at $0.99 and no monthly fee...

There are also tons of Virtual Machine apps that will let you connect to your home PC running windows to do exactly what you want. You just have to leave your home PC up and running is the only caveat. They also do not have monthly fees.

So Atomic allows you to log on to a networked piece of business software through your iPad? I think my son tried a half dozen browsers but none would give him complete access and the keyboard differences were also a factor IIRC.

brand
Feb 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
Except for that is not running Windows 7 on the iPad. It is just using a remote computer.

Hawkeye16
Feb 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
So Atomic allows you to log on to a networked piece of business software through your iPad? I think my son tried a half dozen browsers but none would give him complete access and the keyboard differences were also a factor IIRC.

It lets me pull up the IE and Firefox only employee log in and work through the web based time sheet applications and stuff like that. I do not use any other type of database through the internet so I have not tried anything beyond that. It does a very good job of fooling websites and functioning properly though.

Mdifilm
Feb 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
I use teamviewer free app to log into my computer at work and I can even run photoshop cs5 from the iPad via wifi from home to my studio. It's not bad and it works well. Best of all. Free