Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senrabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
So today my friend managed to drop my bag with my macbook air in its case in which dented bent and dented the corner of the screen part and changed the alignment of the screen and keyboard so it is slightly too far too the left. What will this cost to repair? and will it void my applecare or affect any claims in the future?

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
What is the model number? If you don't know, does it have a black or silver hinge?

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
I'm sorry to say that prices for these newer MacBook Air displays are still stratospheric. Your best bet would be to check for used parts on sellers like eBay or Amazon and finding a local, trusted, repair tech.

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
So today my friend managed to drop my bag with my macbook air in its case in which dented bent and dented the corner of the screen part and changed the alignment of the screen and keyboard so it is slightly too far too the left. What will this cost to repair? and will it void my applecare or affect any claims in the future?

best bet is go to applestore and ask for a quote....

when my mba 11 trackpad had a clicking problem, they replaced it under warranty. but there was a price on the invoice of $30 or so, which i thought was quite reasonable if i were out of warranty....so you never know.

that said, unless it's maybe an easy piece like maybe a hinge or something to replace to fix your problem, to replace a screen will probably be pricey... and maybe cheaper to go 3rd party repair places that may buy broken laptops for parts so can cut you a better deal

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
In the shape it is in now, yes it will affect AppleCare. What you need to ask Apple is if they repair it, will it bring it back under AppleCare. And of course what the repair cost would be.

And it sounds like you should invest in a padded sleeve for your Air as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.