PDA

View Full Version : MBA 15" Predictions

jjfcpa
Feb 28, 2012, 07:28 PM
Any predictions on what the refresh of the MBA will include, especially the 15" MBA?

I'll start off by saying it will have a hi res screen (1680 x 1020) and 8 gig of ram. I'm hoping the ram is user upgradeable but guessing they won't be able to do that with the smaller form factor.

IngerMan
Feb 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
I would guess it would be something in between the pro and the air body. Giving some room for some added perks. Could you imagine a 15" MBA in the same body style of the current MBA. They would have to use socket head cap screws and supply you your own wrench. The threads, my 15" is creaking, i picked it up by the corner and the entire thing bent..lol....

Mr. Retrofire
Feb 29, 2012, 06:06 AM
Any predictions on what the refresh of the MBA will include, especially the 15" MBA?
A 15" display.

jjfcpa
Feb 29, 2012, 08:20 AM
I know it would be expensive, but can you imagine a 15" MBA with a weight of less than 3 LBS and a 1TB SSD drive and a 1680 X 1024 display. That would capture the high end of the so called "ultra book" market and leave all the PC vendors saying WTF.

DVD9
Feb 29, 2012, 08:26 AM

I'll start off by saying it will have a hi res screen (1680 x 1020) and 8 gig of ram. I'm hoping the ram is user upgradeable but guessing they won't be able to do that with the smaller form factor.

Put USB 3.0 ports on this and I'm ready to click "Add to Cart" at Amazon.

At least in theory. I haven't seen the price yet. If it's Samsung Series 9 priced then it's going in the cart. If it's Apple Air priced above the 15" Pro then it's not going in the cart.

----------

I know it would be expensive, but can you imagine a 15" MBA with a weight of less than 3 LBS and a 1TB SSD drive and a 1680 X 1024 display. That would capture the high end of the so called "ultra book" market and leave all the PC vendors saying WTF.

Actually the price of that might kick off an "Occupy Cupertino" protest.

minnus
Feb 29, 2012, 01:28 PM

Given how the 13" is susceptible to flexing, there is no way they can design the 15" the same way unless they use a less yielding metal/material - which would probably mean its heavier...or they will just tell us to suck it up and treat it like a princess.

jjfcpa
Feb 29, 2012, 03:56 PM
Given how the 13" is susceptible to flexing, there is no way they can design the 15" the same way unless they use a less yielding metal/material - which would probably mean its heavier...or they will just tell us to suck it up and treat it like a princess.

Minnus

I've got the MBA 13" and I don't think it is flimsy at all. If they made the frame around the LCD a little smaller then they wouldn't have to make the machine itself that much bigger. I don't really abuse mine much so if they can match the current build, I'd be happy.

LostSoul80
Feb 29, 2012, 04:01 PM

Utter nonsense nowadays.