Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khayden88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
I've looked around the forums, but not really had much luck finding what I need, so my apologies if this has been covered to death.

I have a macbook and a brand new sanyo hdtv. I am wanting to connect my macbook to my tv and am not quite sure what I need to do, and was hoping someone on here could help me.

From what I read, I would need a mini-DVI to DVI adaptor, then I would need a DVI to HDMI cable. (My tv has a slot for the HDMI so I believe that is the only one I could use?) Are those the cables that I would need? Are there better choices? And, once my computer is hooked up to my tv, do I still have control of my macbook? For instance, could I still use my keyboard and track pad?

Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it, as I am completely clueless on the matter.

khayden88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Thank you! This is great.

Will I still be able to use my keyboard and trackpad? I watched a you tube video that was not very helpful that said that I would need a separate keyboard and mouse. Is this true?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thank you! This is great.

Will I still be able to use my keyboard and trackpad? I watched a you tube video that was not very helpful that said that I would need a separate keyboard and mouse. Is this true?
Not true. Which display(s) you use has nothing to do with your keyboard and mouse. Yes, you can use the same ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.