PDA

View Full Version : What is apple up to ?

macmongral
Mar 1, 2012, 01:31 AM
with all these EFI updates they seem to be across the board. are these needed for ML to function correctly or evan install.

the last two have addressed a graphic issue , are Apple going for a graphic change?

I have never seen such a large number is such a short time scale.
EFI updates were hardly ever issued except for a dire emergency

your thoughts

satcomer
Mar 1, 2012, 07:47 AM
They are fixing wireless issues in certain Macs. Don't you want Apple to fix wireless issues in certain models?

njaremka
Mar 1, 2012, 07:52 AM
with all these EFI updates they seem to be across the board. are these needed for ML to function correctly or evan install.

the last two have addressed a graphic issue , are Apple going for a graphic change?

I have never seen such a large number is such a short time scale.
EFI updates were hardly ever issued except for a dire emergency

your thoughts

i was under the impression that the majority of them were to add lion internet recovery utility to the boot loader, so that you could recover your os in the event that you lose or replace your hard drive?

barredfreak
Mar 1, 2012, 08:10 AM
Apple normally releases EFI updates to resolve issues users are having with their Macs. As well as trying to do this, Apple also tries to include new features/easier accessibility to current features. I think what they're going for is a very simplistic yet functional system, and they plan to do it slowly but surely.

I hope that explains why they've been releasing many recent EFI updates.