PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth me getting a Nano?

marty1990
Mar 1, 2012, 07:58 AM
I've got an old second gen iPod touch. I never use it though, due to the size, plus I've just got a new Android phone and that's even bigger than the iPod (4" screen). That covers me for most apps... the only app I genuinely miss though, and this is just because am a huge fanboy (hence the name) is the Flux Capacitor app... and that didn't really do anything lol. So, am considering getting the 16GB nano, and that way I can get the strap for it and wear it as a watch, which will obviously save pocket space.

Or I could just get a 32GB SD card and put that in my phone. So what do you think?

miles01110
Mar 1, 2012, 09:38 AM
SD card.

Huge125
Mar 1, 2012, 11:36 AM
I think I read that apps from the app store were going away for the Nano. You may want to check it out to make sure you can even put Flux Capacitor on a new Nano. I have an old 3rd gen, and have never put any apps on it except for Nike + which is one of my favorites.

I'm hoping for refresh of the Nano soon (like maybe next week!). I like the watch idea, but would love for it to be able to connect to my phone via Bluetooth 4.0, so I could answer the phone Dick Tracy style! That would of course require a speaker on the Nano, which I have seen come up a few times on the MacRumors website...

TWO2SEVEN
Mar 1, 2012, 01:18 PM
I just got a Nano on Monday. I already have an iPhone and iPad. I wanted it mostly for the watch feature, but I use the radio tuner quite a bit and I will use it for music at the gym instead of my phone. I'm also enjoying the Nike+ feature.

The watch is very cool! I've gotten a ton of compliments at work. Most people are surprised its an iPod.

There are 18 clock faces to choose from and a lot of options for bands.

I went with the iWatchz band from the Apple store. I am very happy with it so far.

I say go for it! :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6cd0b4e-cb6c-e224.jpg

iEvolution
Mar 1, 2012, 02:24 PM
The 6th gen does not run any apps.

So if that is what you were intending then go for a microSD card.