PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Possible UK Marketplace Section?

Macman45
Mar 1, 2012, 09:26 PM
I was wondering if this would be in any way. A UK (Or European) Marketplace section? It would separate the main areas from each other, making it easier for members to locate products in their part of the world?

I know that other areas would probably want this also, but the States and Europe seem to be the most represented when it comes to selling things.

And
Mar 2, 2012, 02:17 AM
This seems sensible. Though at my current rate of posting it might take another 2-3 years to see it!

miles01110
Mar 2, 2012, 04:05 AM
Not necessary.

BreakGuy
Mar 2, 2012, 04:32 AM
An alternative solution to an entirely separate forum for the UK/European members, why not effectuate thread prefixes for the pre-existing forum?

These prefixes would likely include; [USA], [UK/Europe] and/or [Other].

Macman45
Mar 2, 2012, 04:36 AM
An alternative solution to an entirely separate forum for the UK/European members, why not effectuate thread prefixes for the pre-existing forum?

That would work up to a point yes.

LostSoul80
Mar 2, 2012, 04:39 AM

That makes sense.
Creating other sections does not. I see the marketplace as an addition to the forum, something offered to the users but nothing more (it's not an online store).

dejo
Mar 2, 2012, 09:01 AM

The Marketplace already has thread prefixes: [For Sale], [For Trade], [Want to Buy], [Feeler], [Free]. So, a new category of prefixes would complicate things.

BreakGuy
Mar 2, 2012, 09:21 AM
The Marketplace already has thread prefixes: [For Sale], [For Trade], [Want to Buy], [Feeler], [Free]. So, a new category of prefixes would complicate things.This is where my ignorance of the Marketplace becomes apparent. I fail to utilize the Marketplace as the feasibility of it accomplishing my intentions is slim to none. However, that being said and having taken onboard your observations, I have conceptualized another alternative solution to the bone of contention.

As found in particular forums across the board of MacRumors, perhaps a Post Icon system would satisfy the masses. Having replaced (or added to) the preexisting smilies would be flags of the USA and the UK and/or European Union. This approach would additionally provide a simple method for the introduction of further nations or regions should they so warrant one in future.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 2, 2012, 10:08 AM
As found in particular forums across the board of MacRumors, perhaps a Post Icon system would satisfy the masses. Having replaced (or added to) the preexisting smilies would be flags of the USA and the UK and/or European Union. This approach would additionally provide a simple method for the introduction of further nations or regions should they so warrant one in future.

That sounds like a good idea.

dejo
Mar 2, 2012, 10:15 AM

Hmm, what about countries (excluding the UK) not part of the EU but still part of Europe (I'm looking at you, Norway and Switzerland! ;) )? I think this could be a slippery slope.

Maybe if it's important to the seller, they can just note something in their thread title?

Tilpots
Mar 2, 2012, 06:58 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090809165411/uncyclopedia/images/1/1b/Borat_Flag.JPG

You like?

Macman45
Mar 2, 2012, 09:07 PM
So much for constructive debate.:mad:

miles01110
Mar 2, 2012, 11:12 PM
So much for constructive debate.:mad:

It was fairly constructive, but it didn't turn out how you wanted it to. There's a difference.

BreakGuy
Mar 2, 2012, 11:35 PM
So much for constructive debate.:mad:There was really nothing up for debate. Your opening post was taken as more of an invitation for us to propose our suggestions for resolutions to the matter in question.