Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsanjeev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I got boot problem with my Osx lion 10.7.3 or 2 (not sure)
It's because I reinstalled Izotope plugin Radius for logic and forgot to apply
The patch which was mentioned in the website
I had this problem in the past and had salvaged by booting my Mac in target disk mode,connecting it to another MBP and manually copying the ioapcifamily.kext driver
However I don't have access to another Mac now and as suggested by izotope support (enclosed below)
The problem is terminal bash is not taking commands
Is/ Volumes
Sudo it says unknown command or not recognized

pwd however displays the available volumes

Also attached is the picture of boot kernel panic
http://db.tt/zjSwLx30
From Izotope support
We’ve recently learned that under rare circumstances, installing an iZotope product or demo and then applying any OS X 10.6 update can cause some computers to experience problems booting. This issue was related to a rare interaction between the install process and security measures that Apple recently introduced in OS X 10.6.

Who this affects:

- Any user running Mac OS X (any version). If you're running Windows then this issue does not apply to you.

Note: This only affects Snow Leopard OS X 10.6, but since users running 10.4 and 10.5 might eventually upgrade to 10.6, we recommend that they download the patch as well.

What to do:

- Download and install this patch immediately, even if you have not experienced any issues at this time. Note that it only takes a moment to run, and no reboot is required.

iZotope Mac OS X 10.6 Patch

You do not need to uninstall or reinstall any iZotope products:

After you have run the patch linked above, your machine will be all set and you will not need to re-install or uninstall any of your iZotope software.

If in the future you need to re-install your software however, be sure to only install from the latest downloaded installers off of our website. If you install from an older installer or product disc, you will re-implant the issue that the patch is designed to fix.

Note: As of May 7, 2010, all of the OS X installers on the iZotope website have been updated so that they no longer cause this issue to occur.

Mac OS X 10.6 Users who cannot reboot their computer:

If you suspect your computer has already been affected by this issue and you are unable to boot your computer, please follow the steps below.

Problem:

If you have received a dialogue with the text below, the next time your computer is booted, the operating system may not load correctly.

"/System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

If this occurs and you encounter a Mac system "Gray Screen" upon restart, please follow the steps below to correct this problem.

Solution:

1. To begin, insert the 10.6 OS X installer disk and restart the computer.

2. As the computer restarts, hold down the "C" button on your keyboard to boot from your OS X installer disc.

3. Select the language, then go to the "Utilities" menu at the top of your screen and select "Terminal".

4. Copy or type the exact text below into the Terminal prompt and hit the Return key on your keyboard.

***** ls /Volumes

5. At this stage, a list of available hard drives should appear.

6. Next, copy or type the exact text below, including quotes, into the Terminal prompt and hit the Return key on your keyboard. *****

***** cd "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"

*Note: If you have renamed your boot drive, please replace the "Macintosh HD" in the text above with your updated drive name.

7. Next, copy or type the exact text below into the Terminal prompt and hit the Return key on your keyboard.

***** sudo chmod 644 System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext/.*

8. Then, copy or type the exact text below into the Terminal prompt and hit the Return key on your keyboard.

***** sudo touch System/Library/Extensions

9. Finally, close the Terminal window and restart the computer.

10. Once rebooted, you are free to continue as normal and this problem will not return.

<< back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.