Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Ok – so I will admit, I am an iPad noob! Only had mine 3 days but loving it so far (iPhone vet though since release!)

I can’t figure out how to sync my apps so that if I download an app on my iPhone 4, it appears on my iPad 2. I was pretty sure I had to check the mark under the App Store setting which says something like ‘Automatically download Apps on other I devices’, which I have done, both on my iPhone and on the iPad but I still can’t get this to work?

I am signed in to both devices with the same Apple ID and iCloud ID and tried downloading an App on my iPhone, waiting for it to also appear on my iPad, however, half an hour later, it still wasn’t there?

I thought it may have been some weird iCloud issue so tested this on my iPhone 4 by going into the Notes App and made up a new entry. Low and behold, 10 seconds later, the same note appeared on my iPad 2. So why isn’t this working with my Apps?!:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.