Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninadpchaudhari

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Hi,
I am a gr8 C, C++ developer , wanted to learn Objective C but none of the institution teaches the same :( hence I decided to learn everything required for Dev online ....

I am trying to learn from Developer site :

https://developer.apple.com/library...arted/RoadMapiOS/JumpRightIn/JumpRightIn.html

Just had to confirm if I am on right track as the tutorial it says to follow for " Your First iOS App" is just a bunch of instructions i must follow to create a sample app ! Is that the right approach as I am not able to get a clear idea of how to actually do something or least if i am learning something ...

I am just following the steps . Will I get to know in detail later ?
Must I simple go on copy pasting the stuff mentioned the tutorial ...

May be some one who has been in Development help :)

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
That's probably not the best way to learn.

If you already know C, look into Stanford's IOS programming lectures on iTunes U. They're free, there's about 2 dozen of them, they're each 1-1.5 hours long, and after you've watched them all and done all the exercises they assign the class, you should know enough to make apps on your own (or at least know how to start most projects and which docs to look at for learning new stuff...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.