PDA

View Full Version : Mba 13"

OwenMeasures
Mar 2, 2012, 12:31 PM
Not sure how i noticed this but... the right hand side on my trackpad sounds different the left when clicked, does anyone else have this problem. The right hand side sounds deeper and the left sounds tinny if that makes sense?

Thanks.

boy-better-know
Mar 2, 2012, 12:41 PM
If it still works I wouldn't worry about it dude.

OwenMeasures
Mar 2, 2012, 12:44 PM
i mean its only, 1 month old... but i just wanted to see if its normal ish, my old MB 13" doesn't have this problem.

boy-better-know
Mar 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
Can't say I notice any difference in sound when I click my trackpad. Also using a mid 2011 13".

OwenMeasures
Mar 2, 2012, 12:56 PM
do you understand what i mean by deeper and tinny?

Bear
Mar 2, 2012, 01:33 PM
If it still works I wouldn't worry about it dude.If it's under warranty and defective, it's better off being taken care of. A defective part could get worse over time.

OwenMeasures
Mar 2, 2012, 02:18 PM
this why i need to find out wether it is a defect

Neodym
Mar 2, 2012, 03:17 PM
this why i need to find out wether it is a defect
Go and see a Genius in an Apple Store then - only he can tell for sure!

vincewchan
Mar 2, 2012, 03:22 PM
Go and see a Genius in an Apple Store then - only he can tell for sure!

^That. And make a youtube video of the clicking sound so others can see what your talking about :)

boy-better-know
Mar 2, 2012, 03:55 PM
If it's under warranty and defective, it's better off being taken care of. A defective part could get worse over time.
You are right, but it seems like something that most people wouldn't even notice my big fury friend.

Zarkizon
Mar 2, 2012, 04:59 PM
Not sure how i noticed this but... the right hand side on my trackpad sounds different the left when clicked, does anyone else have this problem. The right hand side sounds deeper and the left sounds tinny if that makes sense?

Thanks.

The trackpad on my MacBook Pro also does this too, however the left side sounds slightly deeper than the right when clicking. Unless it is somehow interfering with your use of the machine, I think it's normal.