PDA

View Full Version : crappy .mac backup policy

zimv20
Oct 24, 2002, 02:09 AM
first, i have to admit i signed up for .mac. i have a website there i didn't feel like moving.

anyway, i'm all about this Backup utility. i used it first for my powerbook. works fine.

i installed jag on my desktop and wanted to back up some of those files.

guess what -- Backup told me my .mac account was already being used by another computer. and if i wanted to back up files from this one, i had to delete the resident backup info.

i am... disgusted. i'm using 17% of my iDisk. i know that if i had programmed Backup/.mac, i would have allowed multiple computers to back up to one place.

grrrrrrrrrrr

Dr. Distortion
Oct 24, 2002, 05:53 AM
If .mac backup is IP related you could try to put all of your machines behind one router, so they are using one IP. Brings a lot of disadvantages with it though :|

-Dr. D.

blogo
Oct 24, 2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Distortion
If .mac backup is IP related you could try to put all of your machines behind one router, so they are using one IP. Brings a lot of disadvantages with it though :|

-Dr. D.

its not IP related

blackpeter
Oct 24, 2002, 11:39 AM
I'm really glad I didn't get .Mac. To think, I almost bought in to that scam...

Thirteenva
Oct 24, 2002, 12:14 PM
You do realize that there is a diffrent version of backup for 10.2 than there was for 10.1.x

If your still using the version from 10.1.x then that might be your problem. You can find the 10.2 version in your software section of your idisk.

jermsmingy
Oct 24, 2002, 02:17 PM
That is how it is setup. It stinks I know, but what can you do. Anyways, I just put all of my important files on the computer I back up.

Gigglebyte
Oct 24, 2002, 04:45 PM
zim...have you gone to the .mac supoprt page and asked about this issue? you are supposed to get a 24 hour turn around on all questions and issues