PDA

View Full Version : Which Bluetooth headset?

to1986
Mar 4, 2012, 06:17 PM
I was hoping I could get some advice on which Bluetooth headset to buy. Looking around I have narrowed it down to three - Jawbone Era, Plantronics Voyager Pro HD, and the Jabra Supreme. Right now Plantronics Voyager Pro HD is probably top of the list as its considerably cheaper.

What are people's experience with these headsets and what do you recommend?

I will mainly be using it while driving, so noise cancellation will be the most important feature. Also I am using an iPhone 4S, so compatibility with Siri is imperative.

If you guys know any better headsets that you recommend would be welcome to ideas.

LxHunter
Mar 4, 2012, 07:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the Jawbone Era. Configured the software to work with 4s and Siri. Good noise cancellation.

Vudoo
Mar 4, 2012, 07:13 PM
I liked the Bose bluetooth for best sound quality. I had issues with the Jawbone and the Plantronics was too big for my liking.

QuarterSwede
Mar 4, 2012, 07:13 PM
I've used various Jawbone's and Plantronics' and Motorola's and out of them all Plantronics is always the easiest to hear the caller and be heard by the caller. I'd go with the Voyager Pro HD in a heartbeat. The Jawbone simply doesn't live up to the hype in my opinion. My callers hate it when I use them.

dwa2011
Mar 4, 2012, 10:51 PM
best choice in my opinion is the motorola hx550.

i got a review here (http://damacreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/motorola-hx550.html)

and you can buy it here (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-HX550-Universal-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B005FPT380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330922999&sr=8-1) for $42.

I have loved it. good quality in calls, music, and siri.

to1986
Mar 5, 2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks guys. I've read the Jawbone Era isn't great with Siri. Not that it doesn't work with it, but activating Siri can be a pain. Is this true?

The Bose Bluetooth headset series 2, is another intriguing proposition. Anyone else have experiences with it? Good noise cancellation? Works well with Siri?

SPEEDwithJJ
Mar 5, 2012, 01:15 AM
I recommend the Plantronics Voyager Pro+. IMHO, it is a very decent Bluetooth headset.

Good luck. :)

Pjr772
Mar 5, 2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys. I've read the Jawbone Era isn't great with Siri. Not that it doesn't work with it, but activating Siri can be a pain. Is this true?

The Bose Bluetooth headset series 2, is another intriguing proposition. Anyone else have experiences with it? Good noise cancellation? Works well with Siri?

I purchased the Bose about a week ago and so far it's been great. Call quality is crisp, noise cancellation is excellent. I work in a very noisy environment and have no issues with people hearing me. Siri integration is very good. Just push the answer button on the headset once and Siri is right there. I like the sliding on/off switch too, much easier than holding a button down. Battery life is good, gets me through a whole day and them some. sits is my ear really well, don't even know I have it on half the time.

Only drawbacks are the price and the charging cord. The charging cord is only about 14" long, not nearly long enough the plug into the wall and reach my nightstand which is where I charge my iPhone.

Chazu4ea
Apr 20, 2013, 05:21 PM
I am considering the Bose Series 2 as a replacement for my Jawbone ERA. I have been a long time user of Jawbone products but I suspect that as they cram functionality into the newer generation of headsets, the sound quality is suffering. I am finding this evident in caller feedback ("You sound like Charlie Brown's mom.") and the fact that, when I use the ERA, Siri becomes the village idiot with noise-induced hearing loss.

I've read the reviews on the Bose Series 2 and the only criticism I find is price (well it is Bose...) and lack of features that are typical of Jawbone products (battery indicator on the iPhone, applications, voice alerts, voice options, etc.). While unassailably cool, none of those features help callers and Siri understand what I am saying. It seems to me that Bose has narrowed their focus to good transmission of sound and is leaving the rocket science features that fall outside this focus to the phone.

I would be very appreciative if anyone who has tried the Bose Series 2 with the iPhone 5 could share your experience on the performance of the pair of them in action including conversation quality and accuracy when speaking commands to Siri. Is it worth the money? Thanks to Pjr722 for your previous post. Anyone else?

I am also curious about the charging port on the Bose. It appears to be a standard USB port (Micro-B). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

HiddenPuppy
Apr 20, 2013, 06:29 PM
I was hoping I could get some advice on which Bluetooth headset to buy. Looking around I have narrowed it down to three - Jawbone Era, Plantronics Voyager Pro HD, and the Jabra Supreme. Right now Plantronics Voyager Pro HD is probably top of the list as its considerably cheaper.

What are people's experience with these headsets and what do you recommend?

I will mainly be using it while driving, so noise cancellation will be the most important feature. Also I am using an iPhone 4S, so compatibility with Siri is imperative.

If you guys know any better headsets that you recommend would be welcome to ideas.

I just bought the BlueAnt Q2 and I love it, it downloads your contacts to the headset and so it announces the name of the person calling you. I like the sound and it is AD2P so that you hear music, GPS sound through it, etc. Got it on Amazon for about $45.00

dhy8386
Apr 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
I am considering the Bose Series 2 as a replacement for my Jawbone ERA. I have been a long time user of Jawbone products but I suspect that as they cram functionality into the newer generation of headsets, the sound quality is suffering. I am finding this evident in caller feedback ("You sound like Charlie Brown's mom.") and the fact that, when I use the ERA, Siri becomes the village idiot with noise-induced hearing loss.

I've read the reviews on the Bose Series 2 and the only criticism I find is price (well it is Bose...) and lack of features that are typical of Jawbone products (battery indicator on the iPhone, applications, voice alerts, voice options, etc.). While unassailably cool, none of those features help callers and Siri understand what I am saying. It seems to me that Bose has narrowed their focus to good transmission of sound and is leaving the rocket science features that fall outside this focus to the phone.

I would be very appreciative if anyone who has tried the Bose Series 2 with the iPhone 5 could share your experience on the performance of the pair of them in action including conversation quality and accuracy when speaking commands to Siri. Is it worth the money? Thanks to Pjr722 for your previous post. Anyone else?

I am also curious about the charging port on the Bose. It appears to be a standard USB port (Micro-B). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

It's a normal micro USB like most bt devices these days. Look for a post I made comparing Bose to jawbone and others. Bottom line is features are scarce but quality is best of the best. And works very well w Siri.

Partridge
Apr 21, 2013, 01:36 AM
I use both of them.

The Bose fits better in my ear, looks nicer, and has better controls. The controls are much better too. Hard volume, call, and a big power switch. I hate jawbone's minimalist approach with the one button. Especially for volume control.

For Siri the Bose is the hands down winner. You can just hit the call button once to activate Siri, whereas on the Era you have to do a click and hold.

The Bose sucks in terms of features. No real battery gauge, no spoken prompts. It's like it's a generation behind in that respect, possibly on purpose.

One tip, once you settle on an eargel size for the Bose, a couple of well placed drops of glue will keep it on nicely, as it otherwise has a habit of getting pulled off in your pocket.

Izaiah
Apr 22, 2013, 03:15 AM
I use a pair of LG Tone+. They're technically headphones, but I only put one in my ear when I'm working and driving, the other stays nicely in the magnetized neckband. Siri is also easily accessible with a tap of the call button.

Commy1
Apr 24, 2013, 04:43 PM
I recently did some more research into the Klipsch brand and I have come to find that the bluetooth headset they make seems to be a good choice at least on the spec sheet.
They're an average price MRP at about 249$ in Canada.