Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostInTheTrees

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Anybody have any idea what I can do about this?

I have a persistent, but intermittent problem with my Magic Mouse, on my Mini on Lion. After the system has been asleep for a day or two as sometimes happens over the weekend, when it wakes, I may have no mouse. Sometimes I have no mouse or keyboard. In this latter case, I don't know if this is a full freeze or just loss of the peripherals. Well, maybe I do, see below.

The MM is bluetooth. When this happens I have found no way to get it back without rebooting the system. Turning the mouse on and off to get it to pair has no affect.

Today I switched the KVM to the MAC and hit the shift key on my keyboard. It is the full Apple aluminum keyboard that is wired USB. No, it is not connected through the KVM. I found that to be unreliable. Hitting the shift key did cause the screen to light up again, but no other keystrokes had any affect and the mouse was dead too.

I held the power switch down until the Mini went off. Then I hit it again to start it up. After booting, it looked like it had just awoken, not been rebooted.

Other facts: the Mini is a couple of years old, but has a dual core CPU. it is upgraded to 8GB. I use it only for iPad development and Xcode and the Simulator are running at all times. I don't turn off the system at night.

-Bob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.