Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MinuteBracelet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Ok, so I recently aquired the original CDs for Call of Duty 1 (which MW3 can't hold a candle to, may I add) and I think not only my Intel mac could handle it, but my older mac as well (a G3). Now, I scoured the internet for a while now, and it seems the only way to get Call of Duty 1 on the Mac is to buy a deluxe edition that downloads directly to your computer; but since I've got the CD's right here that ruins the purpose, as well as makes me spend an extra 30 bux!

So, ok, this is no problem. I can just run it in BootCamp or use Wine. But what about my G3? Which brings me to this. A while back, I did a similar thing for the Quake Trilogy; I bought a set of CDs used, then installed them one by one on a PC, where I would then transfer the install to my G3 and download the respective homebrew ports of Quake, Quake II and Quake III. However, I can't seem to find such an application for the original Call of Duty-can someone tell me if there is one, and how to get it? better yet, if there is already a topic like this that I have not found, I would like to know.

MinuteBracelet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
NVM, I resolved it

I torrented a mac installation and CD-cracked it since the CD won't work since it's for windows. Then I just used the CD-key to enable multiplayer (It's neat because the CD-key is Cross-Plat)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.