Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeroendeleeuw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
With this beautifully designed app, your girlfriend will only be a fingertip away. With just one tap, you can text, email or just have a look at her.

Download Girlfriend now from the App Store!

mzl.lmybeuov.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.bduiqsvh.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.xfagsnjx.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.jfhirscz.480x480-75.jpg

Last edited:

jeroendeleeuw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
The reason for making this app

When I began developing this app, I knew that there were tons op apps out there with just the same functionality, but that was the challenge for me. To take a concept, what is done hundreds of times before, and to still be innovative, to standout. I tried to do that, and I think I’ve succeeded.

If you take a look at all the quick dialer apps like, for example ‘Call my Love‘, which when you tap it, your boyfriend/girlfriend gets called. Or if you have a look at the app ‘Call Sweetheart‘, which opens up and then displays a tacky leather background with two ugly buttons. I thought by myself, I can do that better, much better.

So I began thinking about it. What would I want from a simple app as that? What would I like? What would somebody else like? I came to the conclusion that the app has to be simple, it has to intuitive, but most of all, it has to be beautiful. It has to be eyecandy if you will, but it has to be eyecandy to anyone. You want an app that you can fully customize, to your own needs, to your own taste.

So that’s what I made..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.