Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josh Kahane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Suffolk, UK
Hey folks,

Anyone thinking of queuing up at the Apple Store in Norwich then?

I haven't ever queued up for any launches before but figured due to the popularity and if it is released at 5PM (as it was with the iPad 2) then Im fairly good with sitting outside the store during the day.

The popularity of the iPad 2 last year left it almost impossible to find, from my own experience (straight after release) so why not start my first camp out with the iPad 3!

Im not fussed about being first in the queue and will probably turn up about 11AM ish.

Things I'll be planning to bring along:
• PS Vita, keep me entertained
• iPhone of course!
• Food and drink...

...and thats all I think.

Anyway would be interested to see if any other MacRumors users will be coming along.

jimbobsmells

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
I queued for the iPad 2 launch at Chapelfield last year, managed to be 12th in line by getting there by 8:30am. But looks like this year will be a 8 or 9am opening time so really not sure when to get there? :confused:

Jonesy76

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Norwich
Never been to a launch before, but it's definitely time to retire my trusty iPad 1 (which the wife has eyes on) and get my mitts on a new shiney.
Only thing is that her ladyship needs the car so it looks like I have a 10 mile bike ride in first at something akin to 6am.

"it's Oh Six Hundred hours.......what does the Oh stand for? Oh my God it's early!!!"

Jonesy76

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Norwich
Talked to the Apple store in Chapelfield this evening...........

iPad will be on sale at 8am, and Chapelfield itself will open it's doors for the dedicated nutters who are interested at 7am so the cue can start to form outside the Apple Store.
At least that means not having to get up at silly o'clock on Friday.

U8ER-N3RD

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Suffolk, UK
Crazy

I haven't missed a launch yet and have always been within the first 5. Trouble is I get there at 5am if not sooner!

You are correct that Apple shall be opening the store at 8am this time.

Out of interest which models are you guys going for?

ed2205

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Norwich, UK
Norwich Chapelfield

I was only gonna pop along at lunchtime maybe or after work but then I may have left it too late by then!

As the day gets closer the more disappointed I think I will be if I don't get one tomorrow. If they are opening at 8am then I may scoot along before work and see what the queue is like...

Much like Jonesy76, I am upgrading from an iPad 1....and missus has her eyes on that.

Jonesy76

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
Norwich
I am home with my lovely shiney new iPad 64GB wifi in black and am a very happy bunny. Just waiting on it to load all my movies and apps and then of to work!

Good atmosphere at Chapelfield, but the cues weren't as huge as I thought they may be. However Apple may have blindsided the resellers because the stock that the Chapelfield Apple Store has is absolutely huge! That'll hopefully leave a lot of the resellers out of pocket.

.......and whatever Luke (the mad Aussie) was on this morning to make him so hyper at 7am I want some too!

ed2205

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Norwich, UK
Yeah Luke was in full swing this morning... Juggling was impressive! :)

I was about 40 in the queue so was in the front door by 8.20. Not bad after starting to queue at 6.45.

Although I was waiting outside by Wagamamas until someone said there was a door open up Chantry Lane. I didn't realise that Chapelfield was opening before 7.

Got a quick crack of taking a video and photo in store and downloaded iPhoto. Currently its sat in my bag and I have work to do...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.